• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

idea of drug tested gyms

Ah, my mistake; I thought I heard a few people mention untested Feds (and let's be honest, if it's untested, it's a drugs-are-kay comp).

Yeah, but if there are comps that test and ones that don't; you would assume that anyone in the untested comps would be doping; otherwise why would they not be entering the tested comps instead?

Why would you assume that?

What about if you don't want to be tested for a sport you might participate in maybe once or twice a year.

Or in the case of powerlifting you want to compete in multiply or knee wraps only, or the quality / frequency of events and competition/ participation are better.

Yeah, but if there are comps that test and ones that don't; you would assume that anyone in the untested comps would be doping; otherwise why would they not be entering the tested comps instead?

I prefer the IPF ruleset (PA in Australia) but am seriously considering competing with GPC as I believe they have the best interests of lifters in mind and are promoting the sport well.

I can only speak from the sport of powerlifting and from personal experience...... I have many reasons not to lift with the tested fed, and drugs is not one of them.

To presume that all or even most competitors that compete in a non-tested fed use peds is very arrogant or ignorant..... I'm not sure which.

I can only speak from the sport of powerlifting and from personal experience...... I have many reasons not to lift with the tested fed, and drugs is not one of them.

To presume that all or even most competitors that compete in a non-tested fed use peds is very arrogant or ignorant..... I'm not sure which.

"Holier than thou" is a good one

This thing, the whole thing, is just dumb. Dumb.

Spartacus, just come out and give us the entire argument. You are being annoying enough but only giving half truths. Yes, some people are going to disagree with your views, however this discussion is not going anywhere when you say rubbish like this…
I could give reasons, beyond public health, but don't want to piss off anyone further.

If you don’t want to discuss things, then what’s the point in starting a thread like this?

In addition it’s quite obvious that despite your submission of a paper to an ‘international journal’ your background in PEDs is shallow as judged from comments such as this.

I suppose they may be tested for abuse of dose, but I have little knowledge of HRT or TRT guidelines.

Look, it’s obvious you have an agenda. Despite your claims, I find it very hard to believe that whatever article you are submitting to this journal is going to be properly objective. If you ever manage to actually get it published, please post us a link.

But this all pales in the simple practicality of implementing this stupid idea. I shall use dot points because I like them.

- - Gym membership will be more expensive for everyone. This would be crap for people who still train and will result in less membership when people already spend enough time on the couch.

- - Certain people will be targeted more than others which is not fair (Spartacus has made this clear). It's called profiling. Serious lifters will have more tests and those not targeted will not want to effectively subsidise the testing of the bigger boys.

- - Are you seriously going to expect every-day gym goers to watch their diet enough so they don’t fail tests? You going to expect them to jump through hoops and get waivers for any drug they take that could potentially come back with a positive result? I’m talking about simple stuff like poppy seeds, and asthma and blood pressure medication. Idiocy.

Last edited:

"Holier than thou" is a good one

Ignorant, plain and simple (which I don't find to be an insult, to be honest).

First let me take a step back and explain; as someone who's been interested in weightlifting for all of a week and doesn't give two shits about PEDs, I made an assumption that in "this day and age" there would be very few untested comps at higher levels, especially given that (from what I've seen on forums) PED use doesn't seem to be taboo. Based on that I figured that untested comps would be the "grey area" comps where it was something that went on but wasn't talked about because PEDs are illegal and no-one wants to bring the sport into disrepute.

Second, I apologise for making that assumption. I can understand how offensive it could be if it's not the case.

Thank you for being honest.

+1

Ignorance is not offensive, but as I said, you are very much wrong with your assumption.

In weightlifting there is only 1 federation.

In powerlifting, there are multiple feds, but only 1 fed does testing - Because they get government funding.
The other feds do not get funding, so they do not test.

all feds offer something different, in regards to rules, equipment allowed, and equipemnt used.

GPC is the biggest fed when you look at participation levels, and I believe most people have chosen to lift with this fed because they offer the best package, not because they are untested.

Anyway......... This is way off track now.

I more meant that being called ignorant isn't necessarily insulting (since it's completely true, here).

Cheers for explaining, mate.

The sole reason for this happening over there is AAS being run by organized crime

if ur big and on steroids, they KNOW its illegal

its the same reason they making recreational drugs legal, its not because they have been proven safe or not safe, its to stop the underground supply

So this will not change drugs in sport!

sticky, how do you come to conclusion gpc has most participation. pa does.

riddles, under wada code, aust govt has duty to uphold integrity of member sports. it should do more to uphold pa's standing, although pa is not beyond criticism. I am merely suggesting where it is
going wrong with current policy direction.

also, lack of funding for drug testing is a poor excuse. plenty of ipf feds fund own tests, and membership quite
cheap.

my last word. I reckon all feds should have drug testing.

sticky, how do you come to conclusion gpc has most participation. pa does.

riddles, under wada code, aust govt has duty to uphold integrity of member sports. it should do more to uphold pa's standing, although pa is not beyond criticism. I am merely suggesting where it is

also, lack of funding for drug testing is a poor excuse. plenty of ipf feds fund own tests, and membership quite
cheap.

my last word. I reckon all feds should have drug testing.

If drug testing is as cheap as you say, would you be willing to price it up for us?

This entire topic has been about having compulsory drug testing at all gyms. Not just powerlifting gyms, but ALL gyms. I have a lot of trouble seeing where this "merely suggesting" thing is coming from.

It's all well and good to have an idealistic notion about drug in sport but you haven't responded to any comments on the practicality of implementing the kind of testing you are after.

Ya dreamin'

First post in this thread and only read the first couple of pages.....

BUT

What a fuckin rediculous idea, who cares if someone is using for personal use and not competing, testing the average Joe for working out??? Really????

If was are going to start something like this then start testing amateur footy players, cricketers etc etc, but even tis would make more sense as they are competing for something against others, so as statedm unless you compete against others for a prize of some description, ie title, trophey, premiership it just makes no sense at all to me.