• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

i'm damn frustrated

thanks everyone for their kind words of encouragement once again.

You'll all be glad to know that I went & bought a whole stack of chains today. Temptation got the better of me & i did a trail run to see what difference it makes.

i did a few good sets on the incline & decline bench as well as some deadlifting...already I think i'm onto something good. Tho the chain altogether weigh's 3.5kg, when bench pressing & deadlifting, the variance in weight is going to make a difference when raising & lowering the weight.

I've been telling myself to do things like power cleans for months now, but due to various reasons, i've stuck with the familiar & not.

I'm with you poppy, mind set plays a major role in strength & conditioning training. You become who you think you are, in a way. I'm not one for the 'positive thinking, attract success into your life' & all that crap but in a way, i think a real man creates his opportunities. Which is why I think of people like frank mcgrath, branch warren, frank zane & tom platz when training. Hard core guys who have built a damn good physique out of no-non sense training programs. Sure whiz fizz might have been used. They've had to put in a lot of time, effort & energy.

I'm somewhat tempted to do the smolov squat / smolov jr program again (with my new chains). Thoughts? Comments?

Last time I checked, your wish was to gain some strength in your legs and improve your squat poundages, has anything changed since then?

I'm somewhat tempted to do the smolov squat / smolov jr program again
What's that.

Fadi.

i started a program that i consistently get good results from today, with a bit of a twist. I'm going to introduce the use of chains.

What i do is a combination of the smolov squat & jr (bench press) program. Squatting & bench pressing 4 days a week, with horizontal rowing movements 2-3 times a week.

I'll think about keeping a diary