• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Increased Alt in liver

I had liver, kidneys and blood tested everything was in range except for Alt and yer pretty much told me i was an alco.
going back to get them tested again in a few weeks and i got a referral to a sports doctor that will apparently no more about steroids.
we will see.

Thanks for those who are not wasting time

So im wrong in saying 127 isnt high? As said mines been 200q a few timed and dr barely batted an eye lid. Big mick Talking about liver failure is whats bs

As a qualified economist and future trader this post probably explains why you work as a bouncer, obviously not very good with numbers :rolleyes:

Yes you are most definitely wrong in saying that 127 isn't high, normal range is 0-45 so 127 is very high considering the range. I think you don't need to be a future trader to work that one out, I think most 8 year olds can figure that out.

No its not that high. As the good dr said the liver is a strong animal. If its so high then how has mine been 200 several times and returned to normal within weeks, no liver failure like you claim will happen. Are you even aware that theivet can re generate and heal its self? Your entire view is based on normal range? Fucking lol

"Mildly abnormal liver function tests (LFTs) are a common and often incidental finding. In the absence of jaundice or symptoms suggestive of biliary or hepatic disease, mild to moderate elevation in the ALT 40–200 or the ALP 110–250 usually requires investigation, normally only on a routine basis. Gamma-GT is a very sensitive and non-specific biochemical marker and an isolated elevation in this does not usually require further investigation (eg. raised γGT in smokers). The ALT reflects hepatocellular inflammation whilst the alkaline phosphatase (ALP) often reflects biliary disease or obstruction. However, there is a considerable overlap in the degree of elevation of both these enzymes in both hepatocellular and obstructive disease. An isolated raised ALP might not be of liver origin (eg. bone, small intestine), particularly in the context of a normal γGT. "

So up to 200 is described as mildly elevated and your telling this guy he is in liver failure? Get a grip of yourself

Raised alt is bad.
It's not as bad as mick is saying, but it's worse than genics is saying.

Let your doctor handle it.

I realise the liver can regenerate itself somewhat, but you are thrashing it doing what the op is doing, so you are taking life out of your liver, not saying it will fail tomorrow, or next week, but at 23 I would be concerned. Very concerned to be honest.

It is obviously a price you and others are willing to pay, but not too sure if you will still feel that way when the reaper comes knocking early, life is short as it is, I am a fair way through mine, and in no way ready to die, as matter of fact quite the opposite. And I train for health and well being, not to go to an early grave. All my lifts in my signature are recent within the last few weeks, and I am knocking on the door of 50 and train four times a week every week. Most people my age have trouble picking their wallet up if they dropped it or to tie their shoe laces.

Yet two people same age as me that I personally knew have bit the dust after using steroids, I bet when their heart was giving out they no longer thought it was worth the risk, another mate of mine who is 6 years younger than me with three young kids, recently had a massive heart attack at 39. He lived but is not well.

I can tell you all three thought they would be ok, there is a reason I am against this stuff, I have seen it first hand and am still seeing the results, now that I am getting to the age where it all catches up.

So be prepared for the fall out of your abuse, no point sticking your head in the sand saying it will be ok, it will not be ok, so far it's a 100% hit list none of my mates that did steroids made it to 45.....sad but these are the facts.

Last edited:
So steroids were determined the cause of death in your mates? Nothing else? Sorry you have lost people but i think it is causing you to be very biased

"mild to moderate elevation in the ALT 40–200

So up to 200 is described as mildly elevated

they are saying 40 is mild, and 200 is moderate, perhaps upper limit of moderate? certainly not saying 200 is mild

Mine got to 200 on 6 weeks anadrol 150mg. Another time 130 odd on tren, dropped back to 40 odd within a month or so and while on halotestin, no idea on that one!

So steroids were determined the cause of death in your mates? Nothing else? Sorry you have lost people but i think it is causing you to be very biased

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work it out, unless they are just really really unlucky, why would three people out of hundreds I know have a heart attack between 39-45 when all three used (abused??) steroids, yet no one else has suffered the same fate?? Odds on steroids played a large part.

Like I said no point sticking your head in the sand.

Another aquaintance of mine (i knew him through two mates, but would not call him a friend) is Luke Woods, made it to 35.....there is one common thread between all of them, all trained with weights, all used steroids.

http://steroidanalysis.com/2011/09/aussie-luke-wood-dead-at-only-35/

Last edited:
Mate there is a big difference between using a bit of gear on and off and smashing 5-10g a week for years on end like luke would of been.