• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Intermittent Fasting

The Hulk

Active Member, Site Advertiser
Hi guys,

Just starting back training today after a couple of months off.
My goal is to do a slow recomposition of my body, get lean while slowly gaining lean mass.
No bulk and cut for me.

Intermittent fasting is basically a period of not eating for 16 hours, and then consuming all required calories within an 8 hour window.
I've done this before on an 8 week cut and it went well.
This time it will be used for muscle gain, while staying lean.

I find this method of eating very appealing, 1st meal of the day at about 4pm and last meal consumed by midnight.
This allows me to get plenty of work done throughout the day without having to stop to prepare and eat all the time, I don't tend to feel hungry during the fasting period.
Daily calorie consumption is still the key to gaining, regardless of meal timing or meal frequency.

Will update progress and results.

For more information on intermittent fasting, Martin's the man, see his website: www.leangains.com

Have a look at the warrior diet too. It works on the same principle.

I have been doing this for a week now and have started to lose weight.

I'm not sure I could do that. I don't function very well if I miss breakfast. And all that food, just before bed, no thanks.

Horses for courses, eh?

good luck with it.

Mike.

I got used to it, and I like the lean feeling throughout the day of not being bloated or having to digest food. Then I have a big main meal at night at eat as much as I want until I am completely full.

LJ, is the warrior diet only 1 meal/day?
How many calories are you taking in like this?
Do you time your meal so it's not too long after your workout?

The Warrior Diet: Switch on Your ... - Google Books

I am using this diet to cut and finding it good.

I am not counting calories, I am simply fasting for 16-20 hours and then eating until I am full at night. If I do have cravings throughout the day it is recommended in the book that you eat raw vegetables and limited fruit (more vege than fruit because of the higher sugar in fruit).

I used to get a lot of sugar cravings but I feel I have broken away and no longer crave for chocolate or other sugary foods. I do my workout in a fasted state however I do take protein afterward the workout as recommended in the book.

If i miss a meal i want to kill someone..

Something about depriving your body of nutrients doesnt sit right with me.

If i miss a meal i want to kill someone..

Something about depriving your body of nutrients doesnt sit right with me.

But I'm not depriving my body of nutrients. If you get hungry you can eat raw vegetables but thats it.

No efa's / protein in rabbit food...

But if it works for you and you dont loose strength and loose fat not muscle then you must be doing something right. However if you are losing weight and strength then its time to reasses your plan of attack.

Did you know a 400 pound man did a science experiment where he was fed only water and vitamins for 1 year and 2 weeks, but no food.

He lost 250lb. Imagine that, not eating food for over a year!

what did he have to loose his health was already ****ed of course he lost weight not eating..

the fat bastard had enough to keep him going.. i dont think he would of had much lean muscle mass at the end of that though.

what did he have to loose his health was already ****ed of course he lost weight not eating..

the fat bastard had enough to keep him going.. i dont think he would of had much lean muscle mass at the end of that though.

Agreed! Even Vitamins wouldn't give someone the required nutrients to get through a year without eating. Especially being so over weight he would have already been subjected to a high risk of all sorts of diseases.

I dont know how anyone could manage this, my body tells me when its time to eat, currently thats 5am, then 7am, 9am, 12midday, 3pm, 5:30pm and milk before bed at 8:30pm. If i miss by about 20mins i am ready to kill people.

Mind is stronger than body.

Grippy, why does your body tell you to eat every 2-3 hours?
Are you afraid you will lose muscle if you don't eat so often?

Not afraid losing anything mate, just hungry and in a routine. Seems to be my body is used to it.