• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is a calorie a calorie

Mine is fucken horrific :eek:

What I mean is that the type of shit you have is a good indicator of your current health

Its not really, there is such a massive range of what's normal.

Unless we are taking about extremes like blood in your shit or having the runs, its a poor indicator.

Although didn't Oni say he has white shit like a dog. I wouldn't think that's normal. I had white shit once when my liver was totally fucked up from glandular fever.

You do much digging through your shit to check your health. Any corn.

Clean eating is the biggest fad going around.
Try and get a proper definition of what is clean food is and you will get 100 different versions.

I like to eat some so called not clean foods because they taste good. Couldn't give a fuck what others think.

300ml ice cream, why even bother. And no I'm not eating more steak instead of ice cream because I have already eaten a kg of steak.

What makes protein bars clean? They are a highly processed food.

Eating a healthy balanced diet is common sense - everything is a fade from IIFYM to eating 8 meals a day to eating only soup to eating only 1 meal in a day - everything is a fade - made up by someone - I have followed fades, your currently following a fade and i'll prob follow more fades in my life.

Eat a healthy clean/balanced diet - opt for a much food as possible to help you reach your goals - thats simple and could be created into a fade haha

Eating a healthy balanced diet is common sense - everything is a fade from IIFYM to eating 8 meals a day to eating only soup to eating only 1 meal in a day - everything is a fade - made up by someone - I have followed fades, your currently following a fade and i'll prob follow more fades in my life.

Eat a healthy clean/balanced diet - opt for a much food as possible to help you reach your goals - thats simple and could be created into a fade haha

What one person will claim as clean/healthy will be different to another.

What a bodybuilder claims as healthy/clean a dietitian will probably say too much meat not enough veggies and other foods. The vegetarian will say any meat is not healthy. The hippy will say clean food has to be organic. The low carb crowd claims all carbs are evil.

Clean food is a fad. What is it. Try and get a set definition. It's just a fancy word people throw out to sound superior to people who supposedly don't eat clean according to their version of what clean is. There is no one set way to eat healthy.

Also
Fad
Fad

If I have a good wholesome diet "no label food ie meat from the butcher and fresh salads/veges" I lose weight much easier than if Im making my calories up with chocolates and general rubbish.

Food is medicine

The body draws what it needs from the food we eat.
Not just fats, carbs and protien but the micro elements, like minerals and vitamins.

Anyone that tells *you* what ratios is needed! Give him $10 and walk away.

The grain of wheat has become a hot topic.
Which is better, more nutritious, *clean* fuel?
A cup of whole grain wheat?
A bucket of white flour?

If I have a good wholesome diet "no label food ie meat from the butcher and fresh salads/veges" I lose weight much easier than if Im making my calories up with chocolates and general rubbish.

^^^^ This for a very basic rule for me. Can't go too far wrong. If it comes out of a packet chances are you don't need it. Plus it tastes better and makes you (me) feel better and look better.

Food is medicine

The body draws what it needs from the food we eat.
Not just fats, carbs and protien but the micro elements, like minerals and vitamins.

True

The grain of wheat has become a hot topic.
Which is better, more nutritious, *clean* fuel?
A cup of whole grain wheat?
A bucket of white flour?

White flour and grain is poisonous when raw and uncooked, eaten in large quantities will kill you or make you very sick at the least, plus impossible to eat.

I would love to watch someone try having a feed of flour or whole grain wheat for dinner:p

i follow IIFYM for a few reason, So i can log all my calories and track what im eating, Because i know i love all foods and refuse to deprive myself of anyone thing.

In saying that, il take whole and home cooked food over take away ect any day, Yes il have a Cheeseburger when its 2am and im stuck for food on the way home once a month or so.

But the main reason is because good food makes me feel good, I feel like a king after a big plate of meat and veggies, We all know whats good for us and whats not. Moderation is key.

FFS
What I am trying to point out Mick, is not whether the "grain" is poisonous, but the value of the whole grain versus the flour from the grain, if one is going to be quixotic it's the flour that is poisonous.

FFS
What I am trying to point out Mick, is not whether the "grain" is poisonous, but the value of the whole grain versus the flour from the grain, if one is going to be quixotic it's the flour that is poisonous.

Personally I doubt any would be of great benefit, the whole grain will mostly pass through your body undigested, and exit the same as it entered, the white flower would probably be used by the body as carbohydrates.

Never thought about it too much to be honest as I only consume very little of either.

White flour and grain is poisonous when raw and uncooked, eaten in large quantities will kill you or make you very sick at the least, plus impossible to eat.

I would love to watch someone try having a feed of flour or whole grain wheat for dinner:p

Mick eats chicken raw.

What one person will claim as clean/healthy will be different to another.

What a bodybuilder claims as healthy/clean a dietitian will probably say too much meat not enough veggies and other foods. The vegetarian will say any meat is not healthy. The hippy will say clean food has to be organic. The low carb crowd claims all carbs are evil.

Clean food is a fad. What is it. Try and get a set definition. It's just a fancy word people throw out to sound superior to people who supposedly don't eat clean according to their version of what clean is. There is no one set way to eat healthy.

Also
Fad
Fad

so true.. browse the "health and self improvement" section of any book store and you'll find a hundred different takes on what is "healthy," each completely contradicting the last.