• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is it in the blood?

Tall_Tim

Hey guys

My sisters BF just showed me an article in a BB magazine that listed some info about how certain blood types have different effects on a persons physique, health and fitness attributes.

I cant remember it all but supposedly people with the blood type "B" have more longevity while a person with AB+ (my blood type) have a harder time building muscle due to that particular blood type not being able to transfer or breakdown the proteins as effectively as other blood types.

I know there is some rotten info floating around in a few of these magazines but has anyone heard of anything like this before? If you have could you shed some light on it please?

Tim,

This is based I beleive on something Dr. Peter D'Adamo came up with and wrote a book about called Eat right for your blood type. Read this to know more about the ins and outs of this idea:
The 'Blood Type Diet:'
Fact or Fiction?

http://www.earthsave.org/news/bloodtyp.htm

I have not bought into it; some people have. Oprah Winfrey loves it; what does that tell you?

Fadi.

i have looked at it and im not heaps sold on it either.
although from what it says about blood types and foods that can be sensitive to certain people i can relate to most of them.

lol thats sounds really messed up,

ok so you have type a, or b, or ab, or O blood group, what about the other 30+ red cell antigens how do they effect it, lol

The Japanese are big on blood types.It`s all bull as far as personality types go but what you are saying could have some scientific basis to it.
Could be worth reading up on or doing a bit of research.

In north of Pakistan, there’s a valley called the Hunza. This Hunza valley is a high altitude, fertile valley that supports agriculture and provides isolation from the rest of the world. Its people are amongst the healthiest, fittest and happiest people on earth, (similar to another place called the island of Crete, near Greece).

These people eat plenty of raw fruits and vegetables; exercise daily, (it’s a very rough terrain there), and have a very positive attitude on life. I wonder why an honest doctor like Dr. Peter D’Adamo who has the interest of his patients at heart, would simply ignore such empirical data as I’ve shown here? Maybe he’s never heard of these people, who knows…? Or maybe they all have the same blood type!

Fadi.