• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ITBS anyone had it?

Being what? I had trouble with my ITB years ago and it was fixed by stretching but that was before all these things became syndromes.

What are your symptoms? What did he tell you to do.

Referred to physio. At this stage its anti inflam's, ice each day and stretching.

He said to avoid squats and deadlifts, and keep my running and cycling to a minimum.

yeah, i had it a few years ago. really tight, irritated itb and some muscle imbalances causing patello-femoral syndrome (basically, one of my muscle groups was pulling my kneecap in a way that it shouldn't causing a lot of knee pain). it was brought on by doing too much at the same time - i was training for the oxfam trailwalker, riding my bike 200km a week and playing soccer.

same sort of deal, ice, anti-inflammatories, reduced workload, foam roller and stretches. sucked. nowadays they're both pretty good. when i get on the bench at the physio it's always my glutes and piriformis' that are in bad condition. they still work the ITB, but it never hurts like it used to.

I had very sore knees for a couple of days after training legs due to my ITB. It all went away with stretches and was never a problem again.

Thanks for the responses.

Were you weight training at the time? If so, how did you adjust your program? My Doc has said no squatting or standard deadlifting, he wants me to keep training but to avoid anything where the hip and knee joints are involved simultaneously which rules out things like power cleans as well.

I only train with barbell/dumbbells so I am looking for replacement exercises. I was thinking Stiff Leg Deadlifts and Good Mornings may be okay. Thoughts?

Just rest it for a little while. Get the ITB stretched/released. In the mean time its chest and bi every day haha :p

i wasn't lifting at the time so it was just a case of treatment and reducing workload. a few small changes and mine cleared up within a month

Just rest it for a little while. Get the ITB stretched/released. In the mean time its chest and bi every day haha :p

Hahahaha I'm a glass half full guy so my initial reaction was exactly that. A few weeks of smashing the upper body :)

Ive not had a great deal of luck with Physio so I now see an Osteopath. They work more on the triggers of the problem. I had a big motorcycle accident a few years back and I wouldn't be were I am today without the Osteo treatment. Might be worth a look.

Ive not had a great deal of luck with Physio so I now see an Osteopath. They work more on the triggers of the problem. I had a big motorcycle accident a few years back and I wouldn't be were I am today without the Osteo treatment. Might be worth a look.

Cheers, will look into it. I ended up at the sports doc after the physios didn't fix me up, so gotta admit I am a touch sceptical about what they will do different this time around.