• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Jonah Lomu

Jim_Junkie

One of my favourite sporting people to watch :rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enu845TMtjQ&feature=fvst]YouTube - Jonah Lomu Tribute - The World's Greatest[/ame]

One of the greatest players ever
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqW0vT63mzk]YouTube - Jonah Lomu All Blacks Legend Dvd[/ame]
He knew how to use his strengths as he said.

I've always loved that expression 'Maori sidestep'. Wasn't it Lomu that they started it for?

Reading his book atm (great read) - met the guy acouple of times - HUGE dude!

One of the best athletes ever - 1st played 1st 15 @ 14, played 7's in hong kong at 16 (they thought he was 18 till they checked his passport), played 1 NPC/ITM cup game and got an All Black trail, youngest All Black ever @ 19 etc etc etc...

I was reading in his book he got offered $300,000 a year from the Bulldogs rugby league team at 18 (1994 - before rugby union became professional)...leading upto the world cup the offer was raised to $1 mil a year from bulldogs...Even the Dallas Cowboys put in an other that was reported to be within the millions.

As I said I was lucky enough to meet him, have got his 2 books signed 2 different times and the best of all was when Brumbies were playing Hurricanes at my local club rugby field one year in a trial and he was just sitting on the steps on the change rooms - so i went up got a rugby ball signed by him and then Tana Umaga came out with Jerry Collins and also got to get them to sign the ball and also meet them - 3 of the best All Blacks ever! - lets just say I will NEVER get rid of that rugby ball.

Anyone wanting to have a good read and learn more about this dude get his book 'Jonah'!

wow- awesome. 3 of the best. I was quite blown away by how tall they are. I see Tana is making a comeback!

wow- awesome. 3 of the best. I was quite blown away by how tall they are. I see Tana is making a comeback!

Yea mate Tana has spent the last few years over in France - played with SOnny Bill - big reason why Sonny Bill came over to NZ.

He was player/coaching staff/mentor in france and signed a deal with the chiefs for one season in 2011 - id say he will take on the same role with the chiefs as he did with Toulon in France - and I wouldnt be surprised if the All Blacks have him as a mentor/backs ass-coach for the world cup next year also.

Hes 37 - 38 so id say this will be his last playing season but should be a good coach in the future.

Finished reading his book last week and it was great - great insight to what was really going on with him and amazing how un-well he was for 90% of his career.

Currently reading The Reigon of King Henry - pretty much how he has transformed the All Blacks after the 2003 world cup only a few chaps in but alot of surprises as to how badly the All Blacks were being run before Henry - not so much how the team preformed but how the higher management/coaching staff did not get along - I think it will be a great book - getting better and better.