• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Just getting started

T

terrabyte

G'day Guys I'm 19 and I'm wanting to start up with some weight training, not too worried about the strength side of things as it doesn't interest me too much, i am just wanting to work on my size and definition

So what's the deal should i go for more reps less weight or the other way with more weight and less reps ?
I'm also thinking that maybe my current diet needs some working on, anyone care to share a outline for a balanced?

Thanks in advance
Terrabyte

There is no rep scheme to get you ripped, Eat healthy and do cardio, toning comes from lowering the bodyfat so that your muscles are more defined

Thanks huski
well can you give me a "toning excercise ?
should i do more cardio rather then weight training ?

Tone is a mythical word, basically you can lose/gain fat and lose/gain muscle. What people consider "toned" is usually when you have low fat and a decent amount of muscle.

so basically if you don't have the muscle there to start with then you wont get "toned" and defined, so hit those weights

More cardio will result in your body eating into muscle stores for energy over a long period of time. Lifting reasonably heavy (7-10 to muscle failure) will increase your muscle mass.

Hi Terrabyte,

You said: i am just wanting to work on my size and definition

So forget about the cardio for now, gain some muscle first.
I'd hit the big compound exercises for about 8 reps, one rep short of absolute failure. I find that not going to total failure allows better recovery to go hard again with less chance of injury.

Make sure you exercise your legs real hard, squats and deadlifts.