• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Just on everyones lifts

Mickdog

Do you all just put how much weight s on the plates in your 1RM lifts or do you include the weight of the bar as well?

Obvious troll Is obvious..

I know it must seem like this. The only reason I ask though is because my bench press station has a bar that isn't olympic size. The Olympic bar is only to be kept in the squat rack.

So should I include the weight of the bar as i'm about to post my not so great beginner lifts.

Sorry about the question just wanted to make sure i'm not cheating myself

I know it must seem like this. The only reason I ask though is because my bench press station has a bar that isn't olympic size. The Olympic bar is only to be kept in the squat rack.
This is the best reason for counting the bar.

So should I include the weight of the bar as i'm about to post my not so great beginner lifts.

Sorry about the question just wanted to make sure i'm not cheating myself
Do you lift the bar? Then include it.

Yes, you really should count it.
However, many bodybuilders are not always concerned with the weight they lift, more the feel of resistance, so it doesn't always matter to bodybuilders.

Would expect powerlifters and strength trainers to be highly concerned with recording accurate weights lifted.

Normally they're 10-15
7.5 would break the second you touched it lol
15kg, wow never heard of one that heavy. Dans has 3 standards bars, 7.5kg/8kg/10kg the 10kg one is massive, a 15kg standard must be fucking huge!! Also to note the 8kg one could lift a truck, so don't be decieved thinking its light so it must be weak.

15kg, wow never heard of one that heavy. Dans has 3 standards bars, 7.5kg/8kg/10kg the 10kg one is massive, a 15kg standard must be fucking huge!! Also to note the 8kg one could lift a truck, so don't be decieved thinking its light so it must be weak.

I kinda thought he meant it was a smaller bar with Olympic collars, not just a standard bar
My bad I guess lol