• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kickbacks beeeearches

poopoohead

kickbacks are the bomb. Ive been doing em since day dot. I can do em with 25kg db's without comprmising form, 30's are a bit wobbly tho.
anyone else still like to kick back, how much can you do?
do you do em standing or on a bench croc styles.

....fart......

I am still stuck on my pink dumbbells, how do I progress from these. I don't want to get bulky just toned.

kickbacks are the bomb. Ive been doing em since day dot. I can do em with 25kg db's without comprmising form, 30's are a bit wobbly tho.

....fart......

Only on bi's and tri's night bro.

I mean I like to dedicate a night to bi's and tri's as these muscles insert into more than one place, so I gotta work them at different angles, so that's a lot of exercises bro. You feel me?

aww thats right.
Sorry I forgot what sort of experts I was talking too.
Forgive me. stick to your dips and rope pull downs.

Meanwhile I'll just keep getting bigger............

MWHAHAHA. Loving this thread. I do them. But then again I do whatever weights I feel like at the time - no plans or nothing for me. Usually do one set of tris and that can be whatever. Standing kickbacks (if I'm getting the name right.. the one behind the neck?) but usually dips or CGBP.

I did some in honour of you today. LOL only one sided 5kg DB's for 12 reps superseted with front lat raises of 12 reps same weight. I have no idea what I was thinking but it was fun. I can't seem to get past 10kg for reps though.

....fart......

Do you seriously do 1 arm 25kg db standing behind the neck kickbacks?

post up a vid of you kickn back the 25's

Im camera shy.

However its not as hard as it sounds (its not hard to go heavy with them once you find your groove)

If you do em properly with any weight. really squeeze into the heads on full extension.
dont swing your arm or you wont get full benifit just a slow controlled contraction and full extension. Do em lite weight for awesome pump and go heavey to really bulk out that small side head.
that will give your arm the look of widith from front on, nicly compliments your biecep. especially good for those whose suffer with pan cake arms.

Use kickbacks to finish up a tri routine if you have your doubts. but in all honesty if you do them in this way I promise you will reap the benefits.

I find these way better then rope pull downs.

I dont really do em I do more compounds like close grip bench and dips because I can go waaaay heavier than kickbacks.. rope pulls I do sometimes to finish off. The squeeze is pretty intense on the kickbacks I must admit.. I do them properly.. I cant do 25's without swinging though too heavy but ill see what I can manage next workout. I'm keen to see someones triceps who can kickback 25's without swinging.. :)

you know i fail to see why you think thats so difficult.

25's are lite weight. there would be guys on here who could probably do em way heveir then that.

If you spend enough time doing anythng starting from a lite weight you would be surprised how much weight you can move.
I can DB row 65kg db's easy for as long as I like provided I warm up first.

I think a lot of the problem is guys going in to the gym and jumping straight in to heavy weights becos they either dont have pateints or feel to self concious in front of other guys to start lite.

And saying "but I warm up with 20's before I do 25's" doesnt make what you do a warm up.

go instead on each arm.
12.5's x 12 reps
15's, x 10 reps
20's, x 5 reps
25's, x 3 reps
30's. x 3 reps
Do them slow and deliberate (any true builder knows what that means)

do that then tell me you cant do it without swinging or you think kickbacks are too old school and basic to have any real effect.

enough said?

I don't think its difficult... except for me because I'm a weak ass. Time and effort will change that.

I start light. I'm so paranoid about injury I do no less than 2 warm up sets. I don't do low reps though at the moment.

you know i fail to see why you think thats so difficult.

25's are lite weight. there would be guys on here who could probably do em way heveir then that.

If you spend enough time doing anythng starting from a lite weight you would be surprised how much weight you can move.
I can DB row 65kg db's easy for as long as I like provided I warm up first.

I think a lot of the problem is guys going in to the gym and jumping straight in to heavy weights becos they either dont have pateints or feel to self concious in front of other guys to start lite.

And saying "but I warm up with 20's before I do 25's" doesnt make what you do a warm up.

go instead on each arm.
12.5's x 12 reps
15's, x 10 reps
20's, x 5 reps
25's, x 3 reps
30's. x 3 reps
Do them slow and deliberate (any true builder knows what that means)

do that then tell me you cant do it without swinging or you think kickbacks are too old school and basic to have any real effect.

enough said?

I know how to warm up and I know how to do kickbacks.. I've just never done em heavy or low reps.. and ive never attempted over 20kg because at the time i was doing them i wouldn't be able to kick them back with good form so I didnt even try. But ill be adding them back into my tricep work and try em heavy