• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

L-Tyrosine Benefits

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
Has anyone benefited from using L-Tyrosine? According to BN, 'it can play a role in dealing with the negative effects of stress, sleep deprivation and intense physical effort (such as weight training). Those suffering from mild forms of depression often find the compound to be beneficial too.'

I get grumpy/moody when I don't get enough rest which happens more often than I would like due to the fact that I am a light sleeper and the harder I work out, the more it revs me up and keeps me awake at night.

Tyrosine also appears to help with reducing bodyfat which I also like.

It is very good, it causes higher levels of epinephrine, dopamine and norepinephrine.
I take it pre-workout, you can feel the effects within 20 mins it acts very fast. I take 3g pre-workout then 2g in my water bottle because I find the stimulant effects don't last too long so I make sure I have a constant supply throughout my workout

It's very good for stress and has a very nice calming effect on the CNS by replenishing levels of neurotransmitters used when you lift

It's one of the few supplements I would bother to buy (creatine, beta-alanine, fish oil are the other ones)

I started taking it this year and I couldn't tell you that just tyrosine makes all the difference but tyrosine, a multivitamin and flax seed oil has made a world of difference for me personally.

I was told Lyle McDonald was recommending this for those with damaged matabolisms but hadn't seen any links for it. Do you know if this is the case? (not that I have a damaged metabolism, just wondering :))
Going on those studies I guess you could make a link for that to be the case.

Yes but Lyle and a few others have also suggested the same thing and I'd tend to agree.

It is utilized for thyroid function I.E T3 production, so metabolic function.

those studies all make tyrosine look like a pretty good supplement! I wonder why there arent more people taking it?

Think Iam going to try this product stacked with Nettle root/DAA....going to buy from BN tomoz...

Just bought this product along with nettle root - will be stacking with DAA....lets see what happppens...

Got my hand son some Tyrsoine, took probably 1500mg of it, not sure if placebo but I did feel a slight bit more alterness and cocnentration. Nothing special though. Supposed to have a good synergystic effect with Caffeine and even better Caffeine and DMAA

Been taking this for nearly a week now with nettle root....honestly I feel alot better...not as stressed, more calm, dunno if its all in my mind or what....

Been taking this for nearly a week now with nettle root....honestly I feel alot better...not as stressed, more calm, dunno if its all in my mind or what....

If it is the placebo effect who cares, it worked :D

If it is the placebo effect who cares, it worked :D

Honestly been feeling great on this stack...its been nearly 2 weeks now I think...alot less stressed, alot calmer, stronger in the gym, libido is up, getting some pimples on my face....feeling goooooooooooooooood