• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lean Mean Grilling Machine

Brick

I am considering buying a George Foreman grill to keep at work. Who has one and do you rate it?

Is it the kind of thing where I can say put on a chicken breast and leave it to cook unattended without having to check it or fuck with it? How long does it take to cook a large breast or a porterhouse steak?

George Forman seems to burn everything! Mine has no temp control, I think the newer ones do.
Get a mini one, I dare say it will work for what you need it to, but safer to keep check on it.

George Forman seems to burn everything! Mine has no temp control, I think the newer ones do.
Get a mini one, I dare say it will work for what you need it to, but safer to keep check on it.

Thanking you deep, My office is above the kitchen so I can shoot down to check it if I smell burning but I think my boss will crack the shits if I am in there every 5mins turning my steaks. Might have to break it in at home so I can get my timing right.

I used to cook chicken on mine all the time when I was trying to do the bodybuilder thing a few years ago. They are awesome. I sliced the breast into two fillets to save cooking time. I don't know how long it took to cook but I used to cook a few kilos at a time and throw them in the fridge.

The meat stays quite moist which some might not like but at least it isn't dry like chicken breast tends to be.

You have a power point in your office don't you? Cook it there.

I had one for a while. I think it cooked everything like shit. Makes everything taste like crap and very dry.

Never use it anymore.

I loved my old on. My new one however, has lips on the side which don't allow both sides to meet one another. Keeps the top about 10mm from the base - which means I have to cook chicken and flip it. Only use it for cooking toasted sandwiches now. I love them though.

I have a Breville equivalent which has temperature control that I use quite regularly, but I stipped using my old GF one for the reasons people have mentioned above.

I've got one of the ones with thermostat on it..

Dries everything out and just is pretty average in general... ok for cooking thin meat I guess.

I've had one for ages but, like you guys, never liked the way it cooked meat. That was until I read a thread on here about wrapping the meat in foil and then putting it on the grill. I thought it was worth a try and cooked some pork fillet. Result= BLOODY AWESOME. so tender and succulent. And the foil made cleaning so much easier too.

I just did the same with some chicken. Before wrapping it up, I sprinkled a bit of curry powder, garlic and pepper on them. Again, they came out so nice and juicy, I wanted to cook more.

A couple tricks with the GF grill; turn it right up to 20 as it cooks best that way (yes, I know it's a timer but trust me). When using the foil, give it a light spray with oil before placing and wrapping your meat.

Try it, I'll be surprised if you still don't like it.

I use mine every day for something. It's quick, easy and cooks anything....except eggs...don't try cook eggs on it *facepalm
They are cheap enough. Nab one.
And while your out to get one of these.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344598624.120278.jpg

Found an old Foreman grill in my garage and have been using it in the past couple of days.

Cooks real fast and pretty good. Only my Chicken Breast was dry (didn't cut it in half)

why are people so inclied to eat breast only? Cook a skinless thigh and then come back to me.

with 2g less protine and a little more fat....FOr somethign that tastes 10x better and never goes dry. Its win win

Yeah, I've become a thigh man too. Always juicy and succulent.

I still like the breast every now and them but thigh is my staple. Cheaper too.

Yeah, I've become a thigh man too. Always juicy and succulent.

I still like the breast every now and them but thigh is my staple. Cheaper too.

yer i was a breast only person up untill a couple months ago.

Just simple things like a homemade curry or saucy chicken, I cook the things for a couple hours and they just fall apart.

and yes, much cheaper

why are people so inclied to eat breast only? Cook a skinless thigh and then come back to me.

with 2g less protine and a little more fat....FOr somethign that tastes 10x better and never goes dry. Its win win

Broscience.

Chicken Breast = Big Muscles