• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Leg routines for growth needed.

RamboWanaBe

Hi All,

Recently I posted a workout for building legs for your opinion and feed back.

"Warm up squats 20x40kg
1. Regular squats 6, 8, 8, 10, 12 (last time I did the last 12 at 60kg and the first 6 at 65kg)
2. Wide leg squats 6, 8, 8, 10, 12 (same as above)
3. close leg squats 6, 8, 8, 10, 12 (same as above)
4. stiff leg deadlift 8, 8, 8, 8 x 62.5 kg
5. good mornings variation (safer) 8, 8, 8, 8 x 62.5kg"

I did this workout for 4 weeks and each week I increased the weight by 2.5kg.

I found after the second week that my legs were not feeling sore after training so I tried mixing it up with by alternating with the below workout:

warm up sets: squats 1 x 20 x 40kg.
stiff leg dead lifts 1 x 20 x 40kg.
Romanian dead lifts 1 x 20 x 40kg.

Squats 6, 6, 8, 10, 12
close squats 6, 6, 8, 10, 12
lunges 12, 14, 16, 18, 20
Stiff leg dead lifts 6, 6, 8, 10, 12
Romanian dead lifts 6, 8, 8, 10, 12
Good mornings (but a safer variant) 8, 8, 8

Then donkey raises.

I am trying to train my legs twice a week with about 3 days rest in-between each session.

I put 1.5cm of circumference on in at the end of the 4th week :)

But I fear that my routines are going to get stale fast again.

So please can everyone post a good leg workout for growth that consists of exercises using only Dumbells and Barbells as I don't have access to machines except a doggy leg curl free weight unit.

Hi,

I really think you should be going heavier on your squats.
If you are doing 60kg for 12 reps, I think you could squeeze out 80kg for 6.

I recently put on 4 inches on my thighs in less than 12 weeks doing the following once a week (thighs were small to start with):

Squats
Deadlifts
Stiff leg deads
Lunges

When you do squats, are they totally physically exhausting to you, requiring all your physical and mental energy to get that last rep up?
I never failed on the last rep (almost), but the mental challenge was usually bigger than the physical challenge.

Would you say that your intensity level when training legs is 100%

Hey The Hulk,

Your right I should be doing more than 60Kg for 12 reps but that was a quote from a post 5 weeks old. Last week I did 70kg for 12 reps. As each week I had been increasing the weight if possible.

Anyway I am after some exercise set x rep variations so that I can keep my thighs guessing.

Is there really a need to change exercises all the time to keep your thighs "guessing"?

How about just progressing on a couple of basic exercises like squats and deadlifts. 3 sets of 8 for each exercise, done with extreme intensity will surely make your legs grow. Progression is easier when you stick with the same exercise and get good at it.