• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Let’s Lose Some Fat Mass…

PB's got his mind set on the Olympics :)!
Fadi.

Don't you forget it!!! When i'm back on my feet & have a bit more time...i'm going to get in the best condition of my life. I'm going to use this form of cardio, utilize some quality diet techniques, train like a demon.

Fadi, i know this isn't the right area...i'm curious to know tho, why you suggest drinks such as 30g of carbs with 6g of whey concentrate? Why not 30g of whey ?

You agree because you don't like it, or you agree that it is catabolic?

If your not having the carbs post workout definitely catabolic. I'm not a fan of HIIT in general. As i'm a bb most bodybuilders dont use it. My friend gets trained by Luke Woods and australian pro and none of them ever get a competitior ready for show with that. But here i'm talking about comps

Fadi, i know this isn't the right area...i'm curious to know tho, why you suggest drinks such as 30g of carbs with 6g of whey concentrate? Why not 30g of whey ?

PB, one of the good things (healthy aspect) of whey protein is the fact that it actually stabilizes blood sugar levels. Now can you see how this good aspect of WP becomes bad for our intended purpose here? So basically my aim here is to allow insulin to exert its full power without the slightest hindrance on my part.

Fadi.

I'm not a fan of HIIT in general. As i'm a bb most bodybuilders dont use it. My friend gets trained by Luke Woods and australian pro and none of them ever get a competitior ready for show with that. But here i'm talking about comps

Damien is right in this respect and he's right because HIIT would not serve his purpose. As I have stated before HIIT has a PhD in revving up one's metabolism, that is not something Damien or other muscular bodybuilders are in need of before a bodybuilding competition. What these athletes need is a steady loss of fat mass and not the uncontrolled loss that one gets from HIIT. I can perfectly understand the logic behind what the man is saying and I agree with him 100%.

HIIT is a gold medallist (I repeat) if one wants to speed up their metabolism and get fit whist doing it, period.

Fadi.

Fadi, just a quick question. As you've explained doing this type of movement as much as twice a day would be great....would two sets of ten minutes (within a half an hour window) be alright? Could you do 2 or 3 sets, wait 20 minutes or so, then do 2-3 sets again?!

PB, what you have described to me above reminds me of a soccer match. Fast burst of running throughout the first 45 minutes half of the game. Then go to the change room for 15 minutes and come back to do it all over again. That's natural wouldn't you agree!

Or let's take another example here:

We go out with the family for a picnic and before or a bit after eating we decide to play some games, possibly kicking or throwing a ball. The same 10 seconds all out followed by some slower walking then another burst of activity and so on. I find it all natural. The only difference here is we do not call it exercise (a word I'm seriously getting sick and tired of hearing)!

Fadi.

1kg of fat is 9000 calories. This is a fact, we cant alter it.

How many calories are we burning during and after this exercise?

All exercise is catabolic, its just that in the right enviroment, some produces an anabolic response. Fadi has the correcty enviroment.

Most exercise uses 500 calories per hour. Not all those calories come from fat.

Lets assume that we burn 500 calories per day from exercise, and half those calories come from fat.

Thats 1750 fat calories burnt per week. That means you could burn 1kg of fat every 5 weeks, lets call it a month.

That may seem poor to you guys.

If you followed this advice for a year, you would have lost 12kg of fat, an outstanding result, lost very little muscle and improved your respiratory syatem immensely.

The only problem is, no one will do this for 12 months.

1kg of fat is 9000 calories. This is a fact, we cant alter it.

How many calories are we burning during and after this exercise?

All exercise is catabolic, its just that in the right enviroment, some produces an anabolic response. Fadi has the correcty enviroment.

Most exercise uses 500 calories per hour. Not all those calories come from fat.

Lets assume that we burn 500 calories per day from exercise, and half those calories come from fat.

Thats 1750 fat calories burnt per week. That means you could burn 1kg of fat every 5 weeks, lets call it a month.

That may seem poor to you guys.

If you followed this advice for a year, you would have lost 12kg of fat, an outstanding result, lost very little muscle and improved your respiratory syatem immensely.

This is just one aspect. It allows your metabolism to burn more while you are not working out.

I think, this, in addition to weight training, plus a lower calorie diet will yield good results.

Thats alot of fat lol, you say very little muscle lost - would that mean your still increasing your lifts?

Nick

Is there any issue with alternating exercises as long as they are explosive and done as hard as possible? Was thinking burpees, kb swings, chins up etc.

Realise this is an extremely old thread, but wanted to ask a question to Fadi or anyone else,

How would 10minutes of non stop skipping trade off against 10 minutes of skipping HIIT (10 seconds hard, 50 seconds walking or slowed).

Would greatly appreciate any input as I am just beginning and trying to torch some fat!

Fadi when you say s many 10 min blocks day / night do you mean try to do 3 or 4 lots of HIIT per day?

also how successful has it been for you?

Last edited:
Im going to try this starting today. I will let you know how I go after 2 weeks. funnily enough I did this yesterday without knowing it. I sprinted for about 20 mins..the extra 10 mins killed me

Last edited:
Fadi when you say s many 10 min blocks day / night do you mean try to do 3 or 4 lots of HIIT per day?

also how successful has it been for you?

Swiz, the idea behind any program which calls for an increase in one's metabolic rate is frequency, as opposed to training really really hard once a day and relaxing for the rest of it. Elite athletes train at an extra-ordinary high levels more than once a day and are usually active outside of training, hence the low fat percentages they hold.

One may compare the above to simply going to the gym once to perform a set routine for a certain given time then wonder why results are not forthcoming. In other words, just because one visits the gym once a day (and trains really hard) would not mean results would come (if losing fat mass is their priority). What is needed is high frequency (throughout the day) physical movements. I'm not calling for one to kill themselves with exercising or high intensity, hence I wrote this program where I only ask for a 10 seconds all out effort and a total of 100 seconds in any set of a 10 minutes routine.

Fadi.

Im going to give this a go. I hit the gym 3-4 times a week on average but Im pretty sedentary on the off days. I can easily find 10mins/day to do this (without too much preparation or having to drive anywhere, get up early etc).

Let's see if I can maintain it.

Im going to give this a go. I hit the gym 3-4 times a week on average but Im pretty sedentary on the off days. I can easily find 10mins/day to do this (without too much preparation or having to drive anywhere, get up early etc).

Let's see if I can maintain it.

Would be a good idea. Sedentary work kills leanness unfortunately. :(

Ive now done this workout twice with burpees (including push-up and jump) as the intense exercise with very slow jogging as my active recovery.

It definitely gets my body going and shouldn't effect my recovery from the SS program too much.

TBH I didn't realise how hard it would be, even though Fadi warned me in his opening post. It just sounds so easy and i can run 10km easily but throw in those 4 burpees each minute and Im stuffed in 15 mins (inc the warm-up).

You can see more details in my training diary..