• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Life-cycle and Training

piecone

Hi All,
I've posted a couple of threads. I am reconsidering how I should train my body as I approach 50. I haven't had a blood test as one member suggested (sorry bro). I was curious about the weight/#reps/frequency changes I should look at.
Should I;
Continue to split bodyparts, but train them less?
Use higher rep range with moderate poundages?
Increase rest days between workouts (currently I have at least 1 day between workouts)
Do less or more exercises per bodypart? I was using rule of 1 exercise for small muscle group, 2 or more for larger.
Move back to full body workouts, higher reps, lower weights?
Should I get dedicated to stretching and maybe Pilates?

Last edited:
Andy is approx the same age as you so he may be able to give better advice but I at 38 train heavier now then when I was 20.

I would think as you age you would require more recovery due to lower test levels so going back to full body workouts 3 x times per week would seem appropriate, but hey everyone is different.

You are probably in the best position to make this decision.