• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Looking at buying some Oly Shoes

BigJim

Hey guys,

Looking at purchasing my own set of Oly Shoes after using Fuzzys for a few weeks. I think its time to give them back hahaha.

The ones i am currently using are Fuzzy's Adidas Oly Shoes and i have found these that look alright:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ADI-POWERPERF....=item563e660b9d

The other ones i was looking at are the Do-Wins from Aus Kettlebells.

Olympic Weightlifting Shoes by Do Win - Iron Edge Fitness Equipment - Train Smarter

At the end of the day will they largely be the same or is one obviously better than the other?

I know nothing about Oly Shoes lol.

Thanks.

I bought the Adidas PP's (your first link, same seller aswell) as my mate bought some and he swears by them... I now swear by them aswell.
I've had them over a year and they still look and feel brand new, they're a great lifting shoe and I wouldn't wear anything else now.
Also, I paid alot more for them so, take advantage of the strong Aussie dollar :)

Could I ask why you want or need them? - I know they have there place but for an avg lifter are they really needed.

I bought the Adidas PP's (your first link, same seller aswell) as my mate bought some and he swears by them... I now swear by them aswell.
I've had them over a year and they still look and feel brand new, they're a great lifting shoe and I wouldn't wear anything else now.
Also, I paid alot more for them so, take advantage of the strong Aussie dollar :)

Thanks for the review Light Weight.

You have just made my decision harder as i was almost set on the DO Wins :D

Could I ask why you want or need them? - I know they have there place but for an avg lifter are they really needed.

Hey Joel.

I have recently borrowed a pair from Fuzzy and they have helped me immensely. I can now actually squat below parallel which i was having difficulties with before. Combining the squat shoes with some hip and glute work has definitely helped in a big way.

I dont know the exact technical reasons why the shoes have helped, but i believe it has something to do with the bigger heal and my poor hip and ankle mobility.

Hopefully someone would be able to provide you with some more info Joel otherwise, have a read of this!

http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-training-discussions/10156-increase-your-squat-weights-instantly.html

There's the UGE shoes from Nick (think he's sponsoring fuzzy now, dunno)
From what I've heard they are the same shoe as the risto's (handmade in Colombia or somewhere else in South America, I believe) and very high quality. Depending on shipping I think this is the cheapest option at $129 (off the top of my head)

There is the Do-wins from AK. Haven't worn them but seem alright. I'm pretty sure they are last years model. The 2011 pendlay do-wins look stupid in my opinion. Think they are going for around $140

The Nike Romaleos from AK (@$240) not cheap, can be found for $199 from athlete performance solutions (depends on shipping). The limited edition chinese ones are fuckin AMAZING, but again have never worn them so.....

Anyways, hope this helps

I have do wins from ak. I've had them for about a year and they still look good now. I only wear them for squatting and even though i don't move big numbers they do help me go lower. My mate has some squat shoes from queensland weightlifting they're only around $75, but the heel is higher. The addidas ones look awesome though

Hey guys,

Looking at purchasing my own set of Oly Shoes after using Fuzzys for a few weeks. I think its time to give them back hahaha.

The ones i am currently using are Fuzzy's Adidas Oly Shoes and i have found these that look alright:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ADI-POWERPERF....=item563e660b9d

The other ones i was looking at are the Do-Wins from Aus Kettlebells.

Olympic Weightlifting Shoes by Do Win - Iron Edge Fitness Equipment - Train Smarter

At the end of the day will they largely be the same or is one obviously better than the other?

I know nothing about Oly Shoes lol.

Thanks.

If you're not Olympic weightlifting, then any half decent weightlifting shoes would do the job for squatting. If on the other hand you're involved in Olympic weightlifting, then you'd want a shoe that fits tight around your foot and holds it together making it move as one unit without "playing" inside it. That is the reason you see straps wrapping your foot around to prevent any looseness/inside movement.

Fadi.

Slightly OT, but which shoes tend to have the highest heel?

Looking to upgrade from Do Wins specifically for full Cleans and Snatches as shoulder mobility (as well as hip/thoracic) is lacking somewhat.

I bought them to help with my squats but now I also use them for OHP aswell... They have helped my form improve along with lifting heavier weights.
I don't ever plan on giving up lifting so I bought a "tool" that assists with what I love to do which is lifting weights.
If you have the money to spend, then why not?

Also, go the Adidas, you'll be glad you did... There's a reason why most of the Olympic teams wear them ;)

The trend towards giant heels has been somewhat ridiculous of late. the ZK's are absolutely insane. The mechanics alteration becomes so much that you effectively remove ANY loading of the hips and dump it all on the quad and knee./

Shoes are meant to make a deep squat position more comfortable and allow you to stay upright. Every single person should be able to squat comfortably without a heel. Failure to do so is a fialure to look after yourself. People are becoming dangerously reliant on their heeled shoes to do far too much lifting, and I speak from hard earned experience when I say this is something you most definitely want to avoid.

I do most of my lifting barefoot but have been using Oly shoes again for purely the Oly lifts. Even front squatting and high bar squatting I keep the shoes off. If you are incapable of squatting without the shoes, then daily work must be done to fix your ankle and hip mobility.

That being said, I prefer to opt for a lower heeled shoes. Apparently the new Adidas ar 0.6" which is much more appropriate than that ZK 1.5 shit. It's like they want knees to be destroyed.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Powerlift-Trainer-Cross-Training/dp/B004JXVSVO]Amazon.com: adidas Men's Powerlift Trainer Cross Training Shoe: Shoes[/ame]

I just started using them. I can squat without them, but it feels much better with them. What do people think of the Dowins with the .75inch heel?

Fuzzy - reading up on reviews for these shoes there seems to be questions about how long they will last as they use a EVA foam for the sole instead of wood.

What's your thoughts on this, as the foam sole will eventually compress after heavy use.

I've had mine for over a year now and they are still in almost brand new condition. They still feel like new shoes every time I put them on, still solid as a rock.
I'm positive they will still feel the same next year and the year after that.

Also, the "foam" is actually the same kind of plastic they use on the handle of guns.