• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Looking for Acedemic Squat research

catastrophic

I am writing a 2500 report on the bio-mechanics of the Squat and require peer reviewed academic research (sadly Andrew Logan authored articles from the internet wont really cut it) In the brief amount of time I have been researching it seems most is centered around the 'Free' and 'Manual lift' Squats. If you hold any journals or are awear of suitable literature please post links here or Email me: sales at miraclexproductions dot com

Peace

Ben <3

Peer reviewd by who?

Technically that artically is peer reviewed it was reviewed by peers and we all agree..

As for the source i dont think pubmed will have much on 1000lb squats

I don't have any off hand, but I'm pretty sure I can across a few articles during my Masters. Sure you'll find some. Certainly, a tonne on cleans and snatches. If I come across something I'll drop you a line.

Try ESCAMILLA et als works.

Usually covers deadlifting but I think there are some squat papers in there too based around squat width. Thinking 2000-02.

Just had a look. A whole bunch out there, barbell related, often using powerlifters. Escamilla 2001 is a good starting point. Follow the reference list out etc

Cheers guy's there is some solid starting points there, Feel free to post anything else you come across,

I know Kelly Munro is doing Deadlift (Since I **Stole** Squat) so im sure he would appreciate any research find.

Cheers guy's there is some solid starting points there, Feel free to post anything else you come across,

I know Kelly Munro is doing Deadlift (Since I **Stole** Squat) so im sure he would appreciate any research find.

Might do bench or one of the Olympic lifts. Journal articles on the biomechanics of any of the powerlifting lifts would be good.

If you are interested in Oly try Sportivnypress.com I dunno if it's right from a referencing point of view but they have some on different lifters biomechanics and comparing them with the optimal range.

Good luck with 2500 words!

Cheers