• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

low test and weightlifting

F

fishbuff

did 2 blood test and was confirmed that i have very low test; 5mg/l.. 50% below the min range of 10. the same with an 80 years old man!

question: does weightlifting lower down one's testosterone production?

No way man.. what are your stats?

Age, weight, years (or days) lifting etc..

You been on the sterons before?

No way man.. what are your stats?

Age, weight, years (or days) lifting etc..

You been on the sterons before?

mid 40s, 1.86m, 133kg, 36% fat :p ... i stop lifting 6 years ago and recently start lifting again in my company's gym.

steroids? got the doc's to give me job of test 8 years ago with each jab 3 months apart.

Get the body fat down to a sensible level and you'll notice a big difference

question: does weightlifting lower down one's testosterone production?

Quite the opposite

Correct training especially large heavy compound lifts raise testosterone.

mid 40s, 1.86m, 133kg, 36% fat :p ...

You are probably about 20-30kg overweight depending on muscle mass, there is probably half your reason for low test levels.

Then there is diet, not consuming adequate amounts of essential fats will also lower testosterone.

steroids? got the doc's to give me job of test 8 years ago with each jab 3 months apart.

Why was this??? Could be another reason test production is low.

What did you score under 10?

What is the AU recommended level; Over 20? (depending on age)

A friend of mine, when he was 28 yrs old scored a 0.3 (stressed to the max, with job and selling his home) he was lifting heavy at the time too which you would think would of helped.

mate, my reading was only 6 when I had a check up a couple of years ago and I'm about the same age as you. It sucks but you can still train and make some strength gains.

unless you are really miserable, stay away from the shit. It's ok to get old.

Plus, we learn patience as we get older, even though we have to work harder for the gains.

Young fellas just don't have the patience and want to be Arnie or Bill Kazmier in a few weeks.

In your mid-40s you can train smarter, having a more balanced outlook on life, and in ten years from now you will still be better off than the young roid-heads. Most of them will be burned out within five to 10 years when life priorities change (if they live)
"but I was really awesome when I was younger and lifted heaps"

36% 82 kg is what i was at around end of july now i am 78 about 18-22% notice big difference in my boners ratio per day :) next xmas hopefully sub 10% BF into the 5-7s if i can.

just did like 4 months of ptc compounds now just kind of playing around with dynamics and maxes.