• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Malto/Dextrose vs others

joshlim

Good day all
I have a simple question for you guys, actually i need some advice

i am trying muscle up so i was "advice" to take malt barley carbs
during/post work out as i my friend thinks i need more carbs other then eating more.

i have never used vitargo and whatnot before, but i have seen some ppl here on
using bulk nutrients.
they have the Maltodextrin +dextrose in their muscle building stack and i was thinking if i should just get that stack instead of buying ON + assault +......
or i should just mix the maltodextrin and dextrose in my protein shake.

the point is i have never use maltodextrin and dextrose, which is the point of me asking. i am currently weighing up using them or just getting a Scivation Extend.

can i get some advice please?

CHEERS :)

Maltodextrin and dextrose are just sugar, you can buy them cheap from a home brew shop or even Big W in the home brew section for a few $$ per kilo.

If you want just add them to your WPC or WPI protein powder for extra carbs, but keep in mind they are just sugar so no good if you are trying to stay lean:)

You eat more calories than you need to put on size. Choose carbs if you want but adding more to your PWO shake won't make a difference to eating more at any other time.

Also sugar doesn't make you fat so don't be scared of it if you need an easy way to bump up calories though other options are better due to micronutrient content, fibre etc (health reasons).