• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

More ghetto gym gear by fluffy

Brick

Ghetto torsinator type row made from scaffold, the brackets are made to accept 50mm tube so could also bung an oly bar in the floor bracket if I wanted.

Banged a bolt in my cheapo second hand pulley stack to accept a couple extra plates, will neaten this up when I have some time so it takes plates on either side. The hi-lo pulley was only $80 an came with a brand new rope attachment as well as a small bar attachment.

Ghetto bell collection slowly growing. Haven't popped into the recyclers to buy any cheap standard plates in a while.

I lent my welder to a mate but once I get it back will build a dumbell rack to keep them out of my way.

Some of you have probably already seen this one but for those that haven't this is budget plate storage.

Sorry about small size of pics but imageshack updated their app and now I only really have two chooces tiny or huge probably need to look at a new hosting site.

Thanks peeps, if anyone else on the board has rigged some ghetto home gym gear post it up in this thread.

I built these to get me through! DIY squat stands are easily found on the interweb, I just added a few supports and made the spotters up! It's solid as a rock and I feel so much safer benching/squatting in this than the cheaper squat stands out there.. It's no cage, but couldn't fit one in the shed, plus couldn't justify spending $300 plus for a decent set of stands that will still shake around, and terrible spotter arms!!

ymevabej.jpg

pede7e3e.jpg

age6y4um.jpg

matusegu.jpg

This is the chin rack I I built too! I think I posted this before but anyways
mepanena.jpg

And this is how Iv been doing seated calf raises too
[ame]http://youtu.be/oTo1xlDsrcI[/ame]

Both racks are going strong and never once let me down! Ill invest in decent shit when I have room and money to throw around, but for now I'm happy with this!
Cheers

Last edited:
Awesome work tasc!

Those pics make me so ashamed of putting up pics of my homemade plyo boxes....

8ygyve5y.jpg

Looks awesome Tasc, come around and make me some? :p

What'd you put in the milkcrates? Concrete?

Thanks guys!! And it's Clint :) (tasc is just a username)

Yeah I just used quick dry in them! Worked a treat! 20kg each stand!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352024374.442734.jpg

Would have filled em right up if I did it again!

Added some more 'ghetto' gear to the collection!! After sourcing around, I picked up an old (fully functional) multi gym thing with 75kg stack for nothing and a York 2001 multi gym with a 70kg stack for $15.

I chopped up the multi gym and bolted the stack to the floor and wall at the rear of my chin rack
hadury8y.jpg

I then used some of the left over rollers to make the top cable pulley higher and able to pivot side to side!
upynutyv.jpg

I also bolted a pulley/wheel to the base of the stack to allow for seated rows/curls, also utilizing the left over cables to make a length to join from top pulley to bottom pulley!
rehuzy7u.jpg

Now the benefit of the York 2001 gym is that it has the centre beams that the weight stack move up/down and a solid bench press bar mounted to it. I thought this would be ideal to piss off the crappy bench/fly attachment thing, bolt the stack to the wall, and use it for standing calf raises
nyja2yha.jpg

I know it's all out in the element, but I cost me fuck all to set up and used most of the bolts and brackets from the machines!! They'll last long enough with a bit of grease here and there on the runners!
3uqe2uzy.jpg

The next project Iv started on, is the lat pulldown! It has a 115kg stack and also cost me nothing! :) more on this another day!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352973914.354578.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352973914.354578.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 48
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352974373.231646.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352974373.231646.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Cheers mate!! I'm just a tight arse and hate parting with cash when I know there are cheaper ways of getting the job done! Plus I probably have too much time on my hands :) I got no more room in the shed so everything else has to be outside so not wasting money on it!

Oh, this isnt DIY but I picked this up from the tip for $15! I did have to wipe the dust off though, that's kinda DIY ;)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352975510.772058.jpg
Not a thing wrong with it apart from the silver shit (coating) peeling off the handlebars! Works a treat!

Cheers mate!! I'm just a tight arse and hate parting with cash when I know there are cheaper ways of getting the job done! Plus I probably have too much time on my hands :) I got no more room in the shed so everything else has to be outside so not wasting money on it!

Oh, this isnt DIY but I picked this up from the tip for $15! I did have to wipe the dust off though, that's kinda DIY ;)
[ATTA97[/ATTACH]
Not a thing wrong with it apart from the silver shit (coating) peeling off the handlebars! Works a treat!

Lol I've run out of room to, saw a commercial leg press for $150 & a chest supported row for $40 but theres no where to put em. I am running out of room with all my db's all over the floor.

I reckon I could sell all my gear as bulk lot for more then it cost.

Your taking this magyver shit to a whole new level & it looks solid as fuck too.

Yeah, a leg press would be sweet!!!! I just need to build a fuckn roof to join my slab (where my chin rack and shit is) to my shed! Then I could keep building away ;) the lat pull down will take up its position on the right side of my chin rack to even it all out!

Cheers for the compliments mate, like I said too much time on my hands I guess :)

Those pics make me so ashamed of putting up pics of my homemade plyo boxes....

If the top of that ever turns to shit you could just go into a skate shop and by deck tape.... Rough on one side and stiky on the other...costs next the nothing as well.