• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Muscle Pit - Pitside at Perth's Strongest Gym

Bruce Waddell (another legend - 310kg squat at 82.5kg in 1982 I beleive) was there as well. He represented Australia at IPF worlds through the 1970's and early 80's if I remember correctly.

Great Coloum Sumo... Bruce Wadell has an official 315kg as an 82.5kg lifter and a 292.5kg deadlift at 75kg and that was in the day suits probably gave you 5 to 10kg tops... This guy did a ton for powerlifting in this state... a worthy "Hall of Famer"...

Happy New Year Everyone - 2013 will be the year of getting stronger (both physically and mentally) for all of us at the Pit and all of us on this forum. So start getting busy boys and girls.

To help motivate you for excellence in 2013 Henry has started posting his teams training under "Muscle Pit - Aces" in the member training diaries and if you want to see what brutal training is all about just have a read. Use his log as inspiration to light a fire under your backside and start training harder - if you have big goals for 2013 you are not going to acheive them if you dont start pushing it to the limit.

The other Muscle Pit teams will also start posting up their training logs in the member training diaries just look for the name "Muscle Pit" and then the team name.

Please remember that Muscle Pit is not just a powerlifting and strongman gym we also have elite athletes in other sports and I will start posting up some of their acheivements in the next few weeks so that you get a better picture of what we are about. Hopefully their stories and acheivements will inspire you further in your quest for excellence in 2013.

Good stuff, Henry should will have much useful information for us lifters and weight trainers, especially coming from a background training people in all sports.

Good stuff, Henry should will have much useful information for us lifters and weight trainers, especially coming from a background training people in all sports.

Please check out his traing log "Muscle Pit - Aces" if you haven't already.

We currently have three training teams from Muscle Pit posting their training up in the member training diaries:

1. "Muscle Pit - Aces" which is Henry's group
2. "Muscle Pit Zombies" which is Ross's early morning fun time group
3. "Muscle Pit - Team Total Massacre" which is my group.

Henry will be posting up on his training log an "Exercise of the Week" each week (funnily enough) and I encourage you to check these out to add a different dimension to your training if things are getting stale or you want to push yourself that little bit (or a lot!) harder. Remember that if you want to acheive different results in 2013 compared to 2012 you will have to do things differently.

Last edited:
Monday Night Training

It was a packed gym and it was hot and horrible but that didn't stop the Ace team doing a conditioning circuit for their warm up lol - it was good to see newcomer Spence step up to the plate when Henry asked if he wanted to join in. Usually when Henry asks people to join in - everyone starts looking very busy in the gym and develop hearing problems ha ha ha. Anyway what else was happening in the gym:
1. Shannon was in doing some light seated good mornings with 140kg and making good progress back from his bicep injury
2. Balcs and friend were in doing squats with doubled bands around their knees - great rehab exercise
3. Corey had two clients in for training and was pushing them through their paces
4. The Aces Team were pushing it to the limit making everyone else look like soft cocks
5. My team tried doing accessory work to time after the max effort work and we loved every second (every ffn second) of it. What muppet thought that would be a good idea?
6. John was doing his thing and looking like he was enjoying the atmosphere in the gym
7. Mick and mate came in later to bench their lives away.
3. There was a pile of other people in but I must admit after we started doing the accessory work to time everything got a little hazy so if I have missed anyone I apologise.
As always it is wonderful to see the amount of experimentation and innovation that goes on between these four walls but more important is the amount of dedication and the work ethic that exists here.

Hey Steve, The repetition work you guys were doing last night caught my eye and was excellent to watch - adding the time factor added an extra dimension to the work out - Good intensity.... Cheers

Monday Night Madness - Mon 04/02/2013

Well after a month of no proper internet I am back in business. It was packed tonight in the gym and everyone was pushing it to the max.

1. Shannon, Shaun and James were trading off suspended Good Mornings
2. Antonio Bossman was back at the Pit after a too long absence
3. Ben was deadlifting - heavy
4. Corey was running a group of people (looked like crossfitters) through box squatting and benching and they couldn't have been in better hands. They were hitting quite a few pb's by the look of it.
5. The Acers group were hammering it out
6. My group was going for a box squat record and I suited up - everything felt very heavy and I was getting very, very cranky.
7. The weightlifter was going through his elaborate mobility warm up not that there is anything wrong with that.
8. There was a random couple training - cant say I have ever seen them before and hopefully I won't see them again.
9. There were quite a few other people in - if I have missed you I apoligise.

Friday Night Fracas - Fri 08/02/2013

Put up or shut up - good to see everyone training hard tonight.

Corey was training hard with his group of crossfitters and they went from prowler sprints to trap bar deadlifts and Corey hoisted a double, not sure what was on the bar but not sure there was any more room to put any more plates on. Not bad for a guy coming back from a hernia operation. Should have got video of it so when I read about people who are constantly in "rehab" mode I can send them a copy so they can learn how to "man up". Some pretty good deadlifting from the crossfit crew - with Corey's help they should be really smashing it in a few weeks time. Good work guys.

Rory's crew were smashing it hard and its good to see him finally start taking things seriously. Its very important to train with a team so you are accountable to others. It is also very important to have a mentor - Corey and I have been very lucky to have had the chance to train with one of Perth's best. Rory was lucky enough (and smart enough) to train with Corey and its good to see him passing that knowledge and work ethic on.

My crew were not so quietly killing ourselves with speed squats and then some. Great to see Spence making such good progress and Greg has vowed never to take a holiday again. It was good to see how hard everyone was pushing themselves - once again showing how important it is to train as a team so that you are accountable. There is no place to hide when you train as part of a dedicated group.

Monday Night Murder - Mon 11 Feb 2012
"When the pin is pulled Mr Hand Grenade is no longer your friend!"

A very busy night at the Pit with the intesity starting to ramp up.
1. Shannon and crew were blasting out good mornings again and good to see "Cream of the Crop" getting back into training
2. Ben quietly bashing out heavy squats
3. Corey and the football girls perfecting bench form - it can be quite a challenge to learn correct bench technique and Corey is doing a superlative job getting them up to speed.
4. George Okunev making a rare appearance and a rather large one at that.
5.Joel and Dan doing their thing and Ash was there.
6. The Acers group going through their paces - Probably one of the most impressive work ethics you will ever see in a gym.
7. Margaret and her team were pushing it.
The intensity and work pace in the gym is really picking up with everyone back on deck. The States should see some pretty stiff competition between people to get their name on the Board. The standard is going to be very high.

King of the Bench at Scarborough beach - Sunday 24 March 2013

Great competition and was very impressed with the support given by the "Angels" to their team mate Stephanie who was competing. All the Muscle Pit girls who competed did well and so did team "Total Massacre" who apart from me (reffing) all competed and set PB's and helped set up and helped pack up.

Competitions like Bench on the Beach really show the true character of the people who train at the Muscle Pit and those that powerlift. Didn't realise there was such a big difference until Sunday.

How do you mean?

Never thought I was such a competitive little bastard thats all - I wouldn't be training if I wasn't competing but some people train and never compete which I find quite surprising. What's that all about?

What are you talking about, you didnt compete. haha.

I didnt compete because I have said previously that I won't compete and referee at the same comp due to perceived conflict of interest. I also wanted to make sure I was 100% available to help and I was very keen to get my referee status (speaking of which - is there anything more I need to do or follow up with that apart from you and Dan sitting in on our refereeing?).

I just would have thought that a bench comp (a friendly one at that - on a beautiful day at a beautiful beach) would have encouraged a few more people (that train and talk about powerlifting and weightlifting) to compete or at least come down and get involved - Henry could not have provided a better venue and atmosphere for you. I am struggling to understand. Anyway rant over or I will be going on and on and then I will start yabbering about the good old days.

Many thanks to Supplement Mart and the people that came down to help and support the "King of the Bench" particulary Joel, Luca and Shaun for loading and spotting (its a pig of a job). The "Angels" for their great support crew along with W.A Strongman and PTC Perth. Dan and Paul and Balcs for refereeing. Adam for MC'ing with his great panache. The Total Massacre Team for helping set up, competing and helping put away everything (particularly Greg and Alisha). Henry obviously for making it all happen and everyone who stayed behhind to help lift the benches and weights up those bloody stairs.

Henry will have to follow up with Steve (GPC Tech. Officer) about the referee status mate, but if Steve asks Dan and I will be passing on our recommendation that you guys did a great job.

Henry will have to follow up with Steve (GPC Tech. Officer) about the referee status mate, but if Steve asks Dan and I will be passing on our recommendation that you guys did a great job.

Thanks mate I will chase up Henry about it.