• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My blood work for Testosterone

Numerous docs also told me my levels were fine..

Alot of them are morons and its a shame because people put their faith in them.

I agree with you, there lots of GP's around that seem clueless. Thats why I posted my results. To get a second opinion as it were.

I feel for you, with your low test. I hope you get it sorted.

I did read somewhere that a person can have high testosterone, yet the person may still have the symptoms of low testosterone. As the testosterone they have doesn't work the way it should.

I agree with you, there lots of GP's around that seem clueless. Thats why I posted my results. To get a second opinion as it were.

I feel for you, with your low test. I hope you get it sorted.

I did read somewhere that a person can have high testosterone, yet the person may still have the symptoms of low testosterone. As the testosterone they have doesn't work the way it should.

Yes androgen resistance.. Thing of this the same way you would think of insulin resistance.

Basically the cells have downregulated their testosterone receptors due to such high serum levels.. It is one of the negative feedback systems used to control test.

Another reason can be too high albumin and SHBG binding to tets and rendering it useless..

Sex hormone binding gobulin has been reffered to as Sex handbrake binding gobulin.

So one can have high total t , high shbg , and low free t and bio t...

So serum androgen levels are not the way to go basically how you feel is... Problem with this is it implys risk legally. "yeah dr i sitll feel like crap give me 150nmo/L test levels".

Also androgens have been tianted with a bad name they kill you, its steroids cause cancer and all ridiculous crap. :rolleyes:

i've heard that heavy lifting increases the sensitivity of androgen receptors as well as the number of androgen receptors in the muscles. Do you know much about that n00bs?... particularly on increasing number of ARs and AR sensitivity

i've heard that heavy lifting increases the sensitivity of androgen receptors as well as the number of androgen receptors in the muscles. Do you know much about that n00bs?... particularly on increasing number of ARs and AR sensitivity

Im not sure about that, All i know in regards to up and down regulation of receptor sites is that it happens in regards to high serum hormone levels..

So take a moron who uses cocaine, their dopamine is spiked thus leads to a down regulation of dopamine receptors thus drug wears off and they are left with low (compared to drug induced spike) levels and less receptors for the hormone or neurotransmitter thus they need coke again to feel high.. This is how addiction begins the same has to be true for tetsosterone.

I dont know how true this would be but logically it makes sense why begginers make the best gains. Generally they would have lower receptors to testosteronethen someone with icnreased levels from compound exercise. Thus easier to make gains as more receptors and a higher then normal concentraiton of the hormone...

Autologous Down-Regulation of Androgen Receptor Messenger Ribonucleic Acid

[SIZE=+1]Abstract[/SIZE] Autoregulation of androgen receptor (AR) mRNA was investigated using Northern blot analysis with AR cDNA fragments as probes. The amount of AR mRNA increased 2- to 10-fold with androgen withdrawal and decreased below control levels after androgen stimulation in rat ventral prostate, coagulating gland, epididymis, seminal vesicle, kidney, and brain, and in a human prostate cancer cell line, LNCaP. In rat ventral prostate, AR mRNA increased 2- to 3-fold within 24 h after castration and remained elevated for 4 days. Treatment with testosterone propionate beginning 24 h after castration reduced ventral prostate AR mRNA 4-fold within 8 h of androgen replacement. Administration of estradiol 24 h after castration had no significant effect on prostatic AR mRNA. Androgens, including testosterone and the synthetic androgen methyltrienolone (R1881), or the antiandrogen cyproterone acetate down-regulated AR mRNA in vitro in LNCaP cells, whereas estradiol was without effect. Administration of testosterone propionate to rats with androgen insensitivity did not decrease AR mRNA. Down-regulation of AR mRNA by androgen is therefore a receptormediated process which occurs in vivo in rat tissues that differ in androgen responsiveness and in cultured human prostate cells.

I did a blood test at 11am last friday, total T was 25.8nmol/l, but my reference range was 8-38, probably as im 26 years old

Should of got them to test for free T as well but the test was for mainly cholesterol and diabetes

Keep in mind im high bodyfat and dont take any anti estrogen/t boosters. Would taking something like axis ht and novedex xt boost the testosterone?

I did a blood test at 11am last friday, total T was 25.8nmol/l, but my reference range was 8-38, probably as im 26 years old

Should of got them to test for free T as well but the test was for mainly cholesterol and diabetes

Keep in mind im high bodyfat and dont take any anti estrogen/t boosters. Would taking something like axis ht and novedex xt boost the testosterone?

Your total tets is fine if you are quite heavy..

Remember fat cells contians aromatase. This enzyme is what converts testosterone into oestrogen and its varients. Also oestrogen increases SHBG and this binds to tets and makes it useless.. That is the difference between total test and free test. Free test is a measure of test that is not boundto albumin or SHBG.

I wouldnt suggets anything like that as i have not had experience with them. I tend to shy away from products that name themselves after anabolic substances or persciption drugs " testoroid" lol..

Best thing you can do is loose weight and keep look into zinc and vit c supplementation also dimplus and stinging nettle root like discussed earlier..

http://www.ironbody.de/bodybuilding/assets/plugindata/pools/Zink_und_Testosteron.pdf

I know its rat livers but its first thing that came up.

Dont take this as gospel as i havent gotten this far but this is a pic i found online while searching for articles..

hormones.jpg

Last edited: