• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My Diet (Advice Wanted!)

kyle.a_96

I turned 18 last november and have been training for approximately 18 months.

This is my diet, i would appreciate any advice/tips. I'm not going for a proper full on mass diet but something in the middle where i won't put on tons of fat but still get decent gains

Breakfast:

Muesli, Yoghurt, Orange Juice, Glutamine, Multi Vitamin, Fish Oil

Smoko:

Apple, Bannana, Nuts (Almond or Cashew), small tin of tuna, muesli bar

Lunch:

During the week i have either pasta with mince or a rice dish with beef or chicken. Weekends i have eggs on toast. Also have Fish Oil, Glutamine

After Workout:

Musashi Bulk Protein shake, Glutamine and a few lollies just to give me plenty of carbs

Dinner:

Either, Lamb, Fish, Beef or Chicken with chips/pasta and a serve of vegetables. Also have pasta or rice dish sometimes with dinner with plenty of vegetables in it. On non training days have Glutamine with dinner

Before bed:

Casein Protein

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not someone to take to seriously but I'll give my 2 cents but feel free to ignore.

Ok, firstly it looks like your trying to lose fat? If so then its perfect isn't it?
Could mix things up by trying salads once in a while (about the only suggestion I can think of really).

I'm not sure what the cals are or what your metabolism is, but if you're not trying to lose fat then I think that is too little food. Add porridge or weetbix into breakfast would be the best thing I think.

Remember : if you're overtraining you're probably undereating! in other words if you're excercising really hard, eat just as hard. what comes in, goes out that kinda mumbo jumbo, follow? depends on other things too ofc, metabolism, height, weight, and so on. but if you're tall and average build and training hard, thats too little. But more info is needed I think.
Hope what I'm saying helps, I started out training 2 hours a day really hard, did not realise I needed to eat more, didn't turn out so well. :(

Kwey as in my post I'm trying to gain mass without putting on lots of body fat and staying relatively thin, so I'm trying to be calorie positive which is the only thing I am unsure about with my diet

I have had good gains over the 18 months, I haven't put on a huge amount of weight (maybe 5kg) but I started out fairly chubby and have kept a similar weight and gained a lot of stength/mass. for example my bench for 8 reps has gone from 40kg (if not less) to 70kg

hmmm whats your deadlift and squat.. ?

your diet.. looks like your trying to lose weight.

eggs on toast? i hope its 10 eggs on half a loaf.

Just simplify your diet.

Meal 1 - Eggs, oats or mueseli, yogurt, banana (throw out the orange juice unless you are squeezing it yourself.
Meal 2 - Carbs - pasta, rice or potatos - protein - Any meat, eggs or tuna with vegies or salad
Meal 3 - Carbs - pasta, rice or potatos - protein - Any meat, eggs or tuna with vegies or salad
Meal 4 - Carbs - pasta, rice or potatos - protein - Any meat, eggs or tuna with vegies or salad
Meal 5 - Carbs - pasta, rice or potatos - protein - Any meat, eggs or tuna with vegies or salad
Meal 6 - Cassein shake or cottage cheese with nuts

so you're scrawny and eating no where near enough.

do exactly what shrek said..

3200 calories will have you putting on weight.

Over 18 months and being adolescent 5kgs isn't good gains my friend. Follow the diet plans religiously. Good luck and what are you squatting and deadlifting?

hm, you know whether cutting or gaining its high protien and low fat, but carbs depend on whether your doing cardio or resistance.
you want low carbs for cardio, so that fat is being burnt, not carbs. Opposite is true for resistance training, you want to burn carbs for fast efficient energy to push harder and wear down the muscle.
Alternatively take a look at fadi's 13,500 calorie diet for an idea on how to boost your metabolism and make huge strength gains at the same time.