• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My muscle groups for the week

sari96

Banned
Just wondering what you guys think about my muscle groups I'm using through the week

Sunday: chest, shoulder, tri's
Monday: back, biceps
Tuesday: legs, abs
Wednesday: chest, shoulders, tri's
Thursday: back, biceps
Friday: legs, abs

What do you guys think?
Any tips?
Be harsh if you need to.

That kind of split has been used for years successfully.

Depending on your level of training and what / how many exercises your are doing per workout.

What's you level of experience?
I'd say very little based on your question in which case I would not be doing said split.

Legs day after back...twice in the week...does this mean you're squatting the day after deadlifting? Recovery would be an issue.

Depending on your level of training and what / how many exercises your are doing per workout.

I'd say very little based on your question in which case I would not be doing said split.

Um I'm doing 3 exersises for my muscles, but doing 4 for shoulders and biceps

I've been using this workout for say 7 months and now I'm just thinking if I should stick with it or change, um it's just confusing seeing all these things on muscle groups and ow many times a week you work a muscle so yer feel free to correct me.

well why would you do 4 for the smallest muscle groups and 3 for the larger?

Post up the full split.

^ What Hammer said.

Also, based on level of experience, 6 days might be a bit too much? Body needs rest bro.

well why would you do 4 for the smallest muscle groups and 3 for the larger?

Post up the full split.

Sunday/Wednesday: chest, shoulders, tris

Bench press
Flys
Shoulder press
Shrugs
Dumbbell side raises
Dumbbell front raise
Dumbbell kickback
Scull crushers
Tri extensions

Monday/ Thursday: back, biceps

Wide grip pullups
Deadlifts
Bend over rows
Hammer curls
Preacher curls
Dumbbell curls
Concentration curls

Tuesday/ Friday: legs, abs

Leg extensions
Leg curls
Calve raises
Squats
Crunches, sit ups

I think everyone will agree with what i'm about to say.

If I were you I would be doing full body compounds and skipping out on isolations for the time being. Stick to maybe a 3 day split, Squat 2x a week and Deadlift 1x a week. Focus on: Bench, Overhead press, Squats, Deadlifts, Barbell Rows, Dumbbell Press, Chinups, Dips, Wide chest dips, Pushups, Pullups.

Strongly recommend doing Mark Rippetoes program, Fadi's beginner program or any other program you can find that will feature those exercises in a full body routine. Do this for 3-6 months and see where it gets you before changing to a split/isolation routine.

Or you can stick to your 6 day isolation split as a beginner.

lol

hey Sari? What are your goals? What is it you're trying to achieve through your workouts?

Have you checked the Sticky's at the front of the forum? There are dozens of threads on routine splits/beginner programs etc.

And hopefully one of the lads may be able to help you out with some advice on what you're currently doing?

Have you found over the last 7 months, doing what you've been doing, that you've achieved anything?

Be keen to hear what your goals are.

Hang in there.

Sari, i've been training for 20 years and I do less isolations than your suggested split.
You want to tax the whole body with compounds and maybe one assistance exercise.
For instance - Biceps are taxed during chin / pull ups you can add one or 2 sets of assistance dumbell or bicep curls.
Doing 3-4 sets of 3-4 excercises for biceps is not advisable unless you're a top level bodybuilder.

The routines Sam suggested will net you beter gains for the short to medium term.

best of luck bud.

Last edited:
Stop hanging shit on the poor bloke. Everyone knows if you wanna get big do an iso split, get on the gear and forget about legs their only good for putting in your trackies anyway. Just ask 90% of the blokes at any commercial gym in the country.

Take more creatine sari you'll get there.

Um I don't understand I'm doing compound movements? Bench press, squats, bend over rows, deadlifts????

Two words Starting Strength. Google it, then do it, then report back in 3 months and let us know what you think of your old program.

Um I don't understand I'm doing compound movements? Bench press, squats, bend over rows, deadlifts????

If you have a look at your Chest day, there are at least 5 exercises that are smashing your tris. Also, you are doing 4 different types of curls for your biceps (quite a small muscle group), compared to 2 exercises for your quads.

I just dont think the exercise mix is right.

But as Hammer said, there is nothing wrong with the muscle group breakdown, so if it is working for you than keep at it.

Last edited: