• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My new routine

OK i read that for gaining weight but keeping definition it is good to "keep protein intake REALLY high, keep simple carbs and saturated fats to a very minimum, stick with glucose for sugars when you can and keep your fiber intake high."

Is this true?

It also said to do some isolation exercises, should i do this also?

Just get as strong as possible and eat as much as you can until you see some changes in a years time and if not happy change your diet/exercise accordingly.

OK i read that for gaining weight but keeping definition it is good to "keep protein intake REALLY high, keep simple carbs and saturated fats to a very minimum, stick with glucose for sugars when you can and keep your fiber intake high."

Is this true?

It also said to do some isolation exercises, should i do this also?

If you want to get bigger eat meat, eggs, milk for protein as well as some fruit and veggies.

If your not getting bigger, eat more.
If your getting fat, eat less.

And isolation exercises are not necessary.

Your diet is the most important thing. Eating healthy is easy, but you need discipline, which not many people have.

Ok and what happens if i do this new program for 6-12months and dont diet? What type of results will i see?

I disagree with some of the comments here. If you have a good training program you will definitely see results even if your diet is not ideal. They obviously just won't be as good.

Yes Bazza, I was just being blunt. You can progress on a poor diet but progress will not be optimal.

Yeah definitely helps both.

If your diet is good then it both gives you the energy to train and then recover.
If it's sh*t you'll have no energy to train and no energy to use to recover