• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My one tip if you want to lose fat is…

Fadi

Take the word diet out of your vocabulary and get moving, that’s pretty much it really. Now of course the more you pay me the more I can complicate it for you so it “feels” like you’re getting your money’s worth (so to speak).

If you’re a hardcore bodybuilder and need to get down to some crazy single digit numbers in fat percentages, then and only then some modification of the macro nutrients is warranted, but until then, relax and free up your mind lest you be taken for a diet yo-yo ride of your life.

Please don’t take my word for it, but simply look around you and observe the diet jungle out there, each one with its claim to be your next saviour if only you get on board.

Every overweight person knows fully well what is good and what is bad. You don’t need to tell someone that deep fried food is bad for them or eating until one feels like exploding is not such a good idea. Common sense is not dead amongst overweight people but consistency of effort is their biggest hurdle of all; that is something I’m sure of.

I find the more sophisticated the diet is the more the inconsistency. Another very important aspect to losing weight is having a positive attitude towards life and people in general. I’m holding back from getting technical here with serotonin levels and what influences a low level etc. So it suffices for the purpose of this small message of mine, to adhere to what I’ve mentioned in my first paragraph above.

Thank you for reading.

Fadi.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the more sophisticated the diet is the more the inconsistency

This is something I have found out for myself and now tell anyone I am helping lose fat. You make things too hard you then fall off the wagon hard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fantastic post coach. Well done. This time last year I met two guys, both very overweight. Overweight so much that their bathrooms scales no longer say how much they weigh, since the scales don't go that high.

I gave the same advice to them. To move more. Use a bit of common knowledge when it comes to eating. As well as a few little things they didn't understand in terms of eating before bedtime & around times their not overly active.

One guy (who's now my best mate) listend to me & put it all into action. He's now looking pretty good. He's managed to hold his weight down & is about 100kg now. He sometimes comes to me for advice in terms of 'should i eat x or y', or 'would it be good to eat abc'. I keep telling him that he's wise enough now to know what works & what doesn't (for him).

The other bloke just doesn't use common knowledge. He's now possibly heavier than when we first met (after losing 10-15kg). I now sit in front of him while he eats a foot long sandwhich while he tells me how he's working hard at his diet. I know he's not trying. He knows the right things to do. He never does it.

,/rant over

Great post Fadi. It definitely helped me to not go super strict. I had never been on a diet before which included cheat meals, just tried to go cold turkey and they never worked.

I think the biggest thing that helped me personally achieve my weight loss is an eating journal. Writing down everything you ate for the day really helped me stay away from the foods i shouldnt be eating because it made me feel guilty writing them in the journal. Now after ~8 months i dont even feel like eating take away foods, i have tried and they made me feel terrible.

I have taken a different approach the last 2 months.
I don;t worry about counting calories or writing stuff down.
I have a serve or protein per meal (approx 200gms) and 200gms vegies or a large salad 6 times per day except 1st meal where I will have eggs and spinach.
This is working and I can have variety such as chicken, tuna, eggs, fresh fish or lean steak / pork.
Tops!

I avoid processed carbs, sugar and saturated fats.

Strength is going up and fat is coming down.

I am kinda the same shrek. I premake my food work it to the 500 calorie area per meal, box it and freeze it. Then I just eat 6 times a day (including workout shake). If I am making something like I do with my chicken, I will just grab a whole breast and put it into two small slices of wholemeal bread. VOILA, easy does it and I do not have a problem saying on track. I am going for slower fat loss than you probably are (meals aren't as strict) but it is still working really well.

Take the word diet out of your vocabulary and get moving, that’s pretty much it really. Now of course the more you pay me the more I can complicate it for you so it “feels” like you’re getting your money’s worth (so to speak).

If you’re a hardcore bodybuilder and need to get down to some crazy single digit numbers in fat percentages, then and only then some modification of the macro nutrients is warranted, but until then, relax and free up your mind lest you be taken for a diet yo-yo ride of your life.

Please don’t take my word for it, but simply look around you and observe the diet jungle out there, each one with its claim to be your next saviour if only you get on board.

Every overweight person knows fully well what is good and what is bad. You don’t need to tell someone that deep fried food is bad for them or eating until one feels like exploding is not such a good idea. Common sense is not dead amongst overweight people but consistency of effort is their biggest hurdle of all; that is something I’m sure of.

I find the more sophisticated the diet is the more the inconsistency. Another very important aspect to losing weight is having a positive attitude towards life and people in general. I’m holding back from getting technical here with serotonin levels and what influences a low level etc. So it suffices for the purpose of this small message of mine, to adhere to what I’ve mentioned in my first paragraph above.

Thank you for reading.

Fadi.
Fadi, any chance you can use a different FONT, that one is kinda hard to read.
Thanks.

I have taken a different approach the last 2 months.
I don;t worry about counting calories or writing stuff down.
I have a serve or protein per meal (approx 200gms) and 200gms vegies or a large salad 6 times per day except 1st meal where I will have eggs and spinach.
This is working and I can have variety such as chicken, tuna, eggs, fresh fish or lean steak / pork.
Tops!

I avoid processed carbs, sugar and saturated fats.

Strength is going up and fat is coming down.

This is similar to what i do. I don't count calories but i weigh my carbs when doing a comp to strip my bodyfat.
Keeping it simple is the best way to achieve what you want to set out if you over complicate the issue you more than likely going to fail, good post.

A positive mind set and determination can take you a long way.

My younger brother has lost a total of approx 40kg in 18 months. He began by walking to and from school, then joined a taekwondo club and also hits the bag at home.

No complex diets just common sense. He is my inspiration and he has only recently turned 17.

A positive mind set and determination can take you a long way.

My younger brother has lost a total of approx 40kg in 18 months. He began by walking to and from school, then joined a taekwondo club and also hits the bag at home.

No complex diets just common sense. He is my inspiration and he has only recently turned 17.

Congratulations to him :) i was once a young chubby bloke, and i lost 18 kilos relatively quickly just by making some simple life style changes... ive tried more complex ways to get into shape too and cant say they were very enjoyable... Thank you for another straight forward and logical thread Fadi. Very much enjoy your insight on life no matter who it is directed towards or what it is concerning.

Fenrir and Jman, something happened to me which I've never forgotten and have always been proud of (hence I'm sharing it with you gentlemen here). When I was about your age (early 20s), I got fired twice from my second job as a gym instructor. Once because I refused to push a particular product/s, and the other for spending too much time with the clients which according to the gym owner did not deserve all the time I was affording them (since they have not paid enough) yet were getting a lot more for their money's worth!

Two similarly ridiculous reasons to fire someone. So I learnt early on that this was a game about making money more than it really is about genuinely caring for peoples' needs. Since then I made it my baby to stick to my principles and help wherever/whenever I could and not only if the right amount of money was produced (if at all).

So as you can see, it's damn hard to sell you something if I don't first create a need (in your mind) for you to purchase whatever it is the gym owner (or supplement company) wanted me to push.

Have you noticed how I'm not sponsored by anyone? How can a company sponsor me when here I am telling everyone to steer clear from caffeine, when most bodybuilding products (bar protein/carbohydrate powders) are full of that CNS stimulant!

So keeping it simple yet effective is not in the best interest of the giant companies which dominate our sport, but it is and forever will be in my best interest because it's in your best interest and I feel I’m more on the side of the athlete than the business man any day. Making money is not against my religion, but it has to be money earned without deceit or at the expense of someone’s ignorance, period!

Fadi.

In a nutshell.

Watch what you stick in your pie-hole.
Posted via Mobile Device

Or move to ethiopia...But you are exactly right, Funny thing about fat loss is no one ever got fat from not eating... (in the short term that is)

ethiopia.jpg