• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

my shoulder workout

sk0tie

Shoulder workout
3x10 10kg side raises
3x10 10kg front raises
3x10 10kg forward seated raises
3x10 17.5kg each dumbell upright seated dumbell press
3x10 30kg straight bar lifts then imidately 20kg kettlebell raises
3x10 on 57kg per arm om rear adelts/reverse pecdec

how do people think of this for shoulder workout

Last edited:
I would be reducing the raises and putting in a few presses either seated or standing and the move onto your raises, I would also be doing some reverse flys for your rear delts as this is an area most people neglect.

I really dont think you need so many exercises unless you're really advanced...

I just do military press and side raises... I could probably also add reverse flyes but that would be it.

As fluffy from these forums said once ppl overthink it, once you can press 60kg above your head 10 times you will have impressive shoulders.

sorry i forgot i do rear adelts to 3x10 on 57kg per arm

57kg per arm ? how are you doing rear delts cable?

also like the rest have said id do

2-3 sets of 8-10 reps standing bb press warm up

4x8 standing bb press
3x8 seated db side raise
3x8 seated db rear raise
3x8 bb upright row or shrugs

you hit your front delts on chest day doing your bench presses you dont need to over do it just starting out

Based on your shoulder workout, I imagine your chest workout is even bigger so I wouldn't bother with any front delt work as you're probably already smashing them with all sorts of variations of bench.

Even if you aren't doing huge amounts of bench work, I wouldn't bother with front raises.

Overhead pressing and side lateral raises are the key exercises, followed by some rear delt work (face pulls, rear raises or modified DB rows where you focus on the rear delt).

/edit - basically see Tregs post, nuff said.

How are your shoulders Fluffy? (starting so low)

Military press gives me no grief whatsoever, bench press causes a world of pain. Having said that if I overdo it without wraps I tend to get tendonitis in the elbow.

Since going batshit with military pressing I've finally started to get nice round shoulders. I dicked around for years with seated db press and every variation you can possibly imagine of raises etc and all the different machines and never saw the growth I got just slowly adding weight to the mil press.

Problem is most peeps hate it cause military pressing with a couple tens on the bar for reps looks much less impressive then throwing round heavy db's with shitty form and liberal spotting.

Get to the stage where there are twenties on each side of the bar and your repping it easy for sets, your shoulders are going to start getting pretty jacked. 2.5 plates each side and your repping for sets I guarantee you'll have decent shoulders if your not cheating

Military press gives me no grief whatsoever, bench press causes a world of pain. Having said that if I overdo it without wraps I tend to get tendonitis in the elbow.

Since going batshit with military pressing I've finally started to get nice round shoulders. I dicked around for years with seated db press and every variation you can possibly imagine of raises etc and all the different machines and never saw the growth I got just slowly adding weight to the mil press.

Problem is most peeps hate it cause military pressing with a couple tens on the bar for reps looks much less impressive then throwing round heavy db's with shitty form and liberal spotting.

Get to the stage where there are twenties on each side of the bar and your repping it easy for sets, your shoulders are going to start getting pretty jacked. 2.5 plates each side and your repping for sets I guarantee you'll have decent shoulders if your not cheating

This is all very true and as you pointed out previously must keep good form else the back could be inline for injury...

This goes for every other exercise you do