• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need advice on dieting

biggest_kid

Hey guys recently started this program and I am looking for a diet that will allow me to keep my current definition and tone while still allowing me to put on weight.

Unfortunately i dont know much about diet and so need quite a bit of help, but im willing to learn. Also, mum will not let me take any form of protein drinks, supplements, pills etc, and im not too keen on them anyway. I am prepared however to put in the extra effort to make up for this.

I should probably mention that i am currently about 180cm, and weigh about 75kg. I train for soccer on tuesday and thursday, which can often be quite cardio intensive. I sometimes run to soccer training aswell, which is between 6-8km in about 25-30mins. I also play a 90 minute soccer game on saturday or sunday, which i never run to. Also, im not dieting currently(eg. eating anything i want when i want, though i still eat pretty healthy).

Thanks,
biggest_kid

Last edited:
Good decision on going with the PTC beginner workout program.

How old are you, as you said in your other thread that you are working for a landscaper.
You admit you don't know much about diet, but I can't understand why you are taking nutritional advice from your Mum?
How can she stop you from taking protein shakes, multi vitamins, fish oil, etc?
You don't need these, but it seems like your Mum is dictating your life.

haha thanks for the reply hulk.

I am 18
Im not taking advice from her, im taking orders from her haha
She can stop me by threatening to kick me out of home
And no she doesnt dictate my life, shes just really old school and has all these weird beleifs about stuff like that(wont even let us take antibiotics when we get sick, unless its really serious)

Thanks,
big

Just so you know you don't need any protein powder or any supplements they don't do stuff all anyway.

Don't overcomplicate this at the moment. Eat meat, eggs, milk, fruit and veggies. If your not getting bigger eat more. If your getting fat eat less.

I am baffled. Everyone tells me (i am a ectomorph) to get big, do the big 3 ( eat more, lift heavy and rest) Its easier to lose fat than to gain muscle. Which is why they tell me to bulk first. They say it's impossible for me to stay the same size But gain bigger muscles.

I want to get bigger. Is it true I can get big without bulking? I'd rather take the shorter path if the end result is the same.

The shorter path is a myth except for those gifted or "enhanced" few.

Lift heavy and eat big and clean.

I am baffled. Everyone tells me (i am a ectomorph) to get big, do the big 3 ( eat more, lift heavy and rest) Its easier to lose fat than to gain muscle. Which is why they tell me to bulk first. They say it's impossible for me to stay the same size But gain bigger muscles.

I want to get bigger. Is it true I can get big without bulking? I'd rather take the shorter path if the end result is the same.

There is no such things as an ectomorph and endomorph, just under and over-eaters.

I was 50 kgs and very underweight that didn't stop me from reaching 165 kgs last year, no such thing as being an ecto otherwise I would always be 50 kgs.