• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need new diet

Headley

BigRed Kunce
Hey guys,

I am wanting to change my diet to only include some steamed vegetables and some lean meat like roast chook or some roo. Not sure how many days in a row i could do it for, i am aiming for 4 weeks though.

Any advice on what vegetables to get, how to cook up some roo etc?

What's your goal in changing your diet, getting to a certain weight or body fat percentage?

Lower caloric intake in the evenings, boost nutrients via greens... to a lesser extent the "natural" foods should be better than processed foods.

I want to see if it will cut down the BF %. Going to the gym 5 times a week has my exercise part done, now i want to do the nutrition.

Slow cooker.
Chuck a few roo mini roasts, large serving of vegetables, chopped canned tomatoes, and some beef or vegetable stock.

Simple/amazing.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Lol... Never go full paleo :D

I been thinking the same of late [MENTION=16241]Headley[/MENTION]; always just loosely looked at my macros and used ciabatta rolls etc.. to make up the carb content without pushing the fats up too much.

I think I've neglected micro-nutrients from whole foods for too long.

Just cbf cooking anymore than I already do.

Frozen veggies. $2.79 from Aldi. I eat 500g at a time but that is a lot. I like to spice them up with tex mex seasoning and sriracha.

Roo: buy the burgers. Cook in pan, add light shredded cheese and grill. Top with fountain no added sugar bbq sauce.

Chicken: slow cook overnight. Add light shredded cheese and sauce of your choice.
Or check out all the nandons and masterfoods marinades. Plenty around 50cals per serve. Cook up in fry pan and devour.

They are some of my go to's.

Also, pumpkin. Nuke then bake in oven with Moroccan spice. Delicious.

And same above with carisma potatoes.

I love baking spuds and veggies, it is something i look forward to the weekend for. Will go shopping for some roo burgers

I like to spice them up with tex mex seasoning and sriracha.

Roo: buy the burgers. Cook in pan, add light shredded cheese and grill.
And same above with carisma potatoes.

That tex mex seasoning 'aint half bad and those roo patties always hit the spot!

Interestingly although those charisma potatoes are low GI this changes when baked (as with sweet potatoes) although I don't think it's going to derails anyone's diet.

What do you mena re the GI? Not that I care at all. I just eat them because I get to eat twice as much as "normal" taters.

Sounds... 'delicious' :p

Recipe?

A leaf of kale, handful of spinach, stick of celery, decent slice of cucumber, clove (10g) of garlic and about the same 10g amount of raw ginger. Then about 200ml of water and blend for a minute. It has plenty of dark leafy vegetables. I have one a day without fail. If I do have a cheat meal or something on the weekend, the kale shakes more than make up for it.

What do you mena re the GI? Not that I care at all. I just eat them because I get to eat twice as much as "normal" taters.

Baking potatoes increases the GI of them. I only meant as a point of interest as the Charisma potatoes are marketed as low GI. GI is only really useful in the context of 50g of carbs eaten by themselves. Glycemic load is a more useful metric, but in reality foods are generally combined with other foods/fats etc which if they reduce the rate of digestion, further reduces the effect of carbs on blood sugar.

Sounds like a plan, but what is every ones fascination with roo?

We feed it to dogs out here, no one eats the stuff, it's pet food.

Would be cheap food around here if I could eat them, I can see about 5-20 each time I look out the back door, like giant fucking rats, I hate the buggers.

Anyway diet sounds like a plan, would be intersted in seeing what the results will be.

Chicken wings and chicken drum sticks are my favourite go to's with a large green salad, or steak or pork chops with same afore mentioned salad and some veggies...

Baking potatoes increases the GI of them. I only meant as a point of interest as the Charisma potatoes are marketed as low GI. GI is only really useful in the context of 50g of carbs eaten by themselves. Glycemic load is a more useful metric, but in reality foods are generally combined with other foods/fats etc which if they reduce the rate of digestion, further reduces the effect of carbs on blood sugar.

Not to mention protein will spike insulin anyways.......