• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New Olympia qualification rule now official

HCAM

You now have to WIN a Pro Show to compete in the Olympia.
Not even second place qualifies and not even if first place has already qualified does second place get a chance. Strictly first place only.

So can Phil Heath, Mr O, now do all the shows and win them all to limit the amount of people that make it to the Olympia stage?

Will people bother to spend money on contest prep to turn Pro anymore?

The annoucement, here: Olympia qualification rule change now official

Bizarre. It may end up an Olympia with only 6 or 7 contestants.

EDIT: having second thoughts it may be a good thing. More of the top Pro's will compete in the lesser events which will strengthen them and the creme of the crop compete in the Olympia and not also-rans.

Bizarre. It may end up an Olympia with only 6 or 7 contestants.

EDIT: having second thoughts it may be a good thing. More of the top Pro's will compete in the lesser events which will strengthen them and the creme of the crop compete in the Olympia and not also-rans.

I'm the same, Shrek. Just as I think of a reason it won't be good, a reason that it will be good, pops up.

I think it's one of those things that you just have to trial run for a year to see the outcome.

**Olympia qualification rule change article, updated!**
Olympia - top 4
Arnold Classic - top 3
New York Pro - top 2
All other shows - 1st place only

Will people bother to spend money on contest prep to turn Pro anymore?

Yes they still will, there will always be guys willing to line up against the Pros.

having second thoughts it may be a good thing. More of the top Pro's will compete in the lesser events which will strengthen them and the creme of the crop compete in the Olympia and not also-rans.

True.

I'm the same, Shrek. Just as I think of a reason it won't be good, a reason that it will be good, pops up.

I think it's one of those things that you just have to trial run for a year to see the outcome.

You never know, it may have a flip side.