• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New protein causing headaches

Tim

Hey guys,
I just got some protein from NoBull today and after having a shake it has given me a huge headache.
I know this can be a side effect of the sweetener used (e955) but I usually use optimum gold standard whey which uses the same sweetener without any problems :S
Would anyone know what would be causing this or had this same problem?

If this is the first time you have used it and got a head ache it could be a coincidence. Keep using it and if it still gives you problems go back to whatever you were using before.

It could definitely be a coincidence,
Just seemed a bit strange that I got it 15 mins after having the shake.
I will have to see how I go after a few more shakes

The shake I had was just half a scoop with 100ml of milk just to try it.
I've had heaps of water since then and I still have a terrible headache : /
It's been hours now.

Lol I am for realz
I'm HIV positive I don't have the AIDS.

But seriously it could just be a random headache and have nothing to do with the protein, I will have to give it a few more days of using it before ruling it out.

This seems quite odd Tim. We don't ever get complaints from customers about having headaches using our whey. I am not being dismissive, but one experience is far from conclusive in linking the use of the whey protein to the headache. Headaches can be attributed to a combination of factors. The only ingredients we use in our WPI are whey protein isolate, sucralose and cocoa (for chocolate based flavours). If you've used a product before that contains these ingredients and didn't experience something similar, then it is unlikely that our WPI caused the headache. That being said, I would advise you see a medical practitioner who is in a better position to assess health problems.

Yeah mate seems a coincidence. The ingredients in the NB whey wouldn't give you a headache particularly if you've taken them before. Get a check up if you're concerned but I'd take it again at a later stage and see how you go.

The only time you'd blame a protein powder is if it was one that was combined with caffeine, which *may* do that. This doesn't seem to be the case though. Just coincidence.

Thanks for all the responses guys!
I think it must have just been a random headache.. Which I don't usually get hence the reason I thought it was the protein.
I've had 3 more shakes since then with no problems.

Also NoBull I have to say your delivery time is awesome! The protein was on my doorstep in 2 days.

That's good news! Glad to hear everything is OK :) If you ever come across any concerns about our products please don't hesitate to let us know