• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

new to bb is this diet ok

By 'raw milk' do you mean straight off the farm, from the cow, before it's treated etc?

I remember when I was in year 7, we went to a farm as part of a school camp, and they let the kids have some 'fresh' milk from a vat there. I still remember the smell - probably why 21 years later, I can't drink milk!

Lol, i admit i coudlnt drink it warm i need it cold. But then again it isnt the milk its the thought that ends up being the problem...

That leads to another question, why drink it? If you cant get down and suck it out of a cow without throwing up why is it ok to bastardise it put it in a pretty contianer and sell it to people? Not that im against milk im against the whole idea of slicing everything out of nature package it to make it "perfect" for us..

We drink it due to the reasons Silverback said, back in the day it was a cheap food source that was needed due to food shortages.

We drink it due to the reasons Silverback said, back in the day it was a cheap food source that was needed due to food shortages.
No I understand that, but back then it was proper milk not a product like today...

Lol, i admit i coudlnt drink it warm i need it cold. But then again it isnt the milk its the thought that ends up being the problem...

That leads to another question, why drink it? If you cant get down and suck it out of a cow without throwing up why is it ok to bastardise it put it in a pretty contianer and sell it to people? Not that im against milk im against the whole idea of slicing everything out of nature package it to make it "perfect" for us..

I can sometimes handle it with a LOT of Milo, or Nesquick or something, but I see my mates drink it outta the carton and all the memories of Penny's Farm come flooding back!

Our body is mainly water and bacteria, it's the bacteria which convert food into the elements our cells need.

Having said that, drinking dirty water might be the ticket.

Validates eating raw.
Posted via Mobile Device

Or you could just eat bassa fillets - they are bred in shitty water over in Vietnam, so you can all you bacteria, hep c, staph etc lol

I thought it was a joke? Go f*ck yourself Shrek your an asshole. You have no idea about anything bodybuilding related so maybe study up on it before making yourself look completely stupid why do you chime in when you have no idea. If you fire at me be prepared to take it that's the rule. Patronising you implied something before finding the facts
How about f**k you.
See ya.

This one's for Fadi too since you insulted him too.

Last edited:
Onya Shrek, I take it he's been dispatched.

The real strength of this forum is the helpful, friendly approach of almost all members. I don't post much, but read heaps. I used to check out Bodybuilding.Com forums for a while but just got sick of the constant, pointless abuse that those guys fire off in an instant. I'd hate to see this forum degenerate into that kind of a mess. It's ok to disagree, but gotta keep it cool.

Good riddence...
oh-snap-demotivational-poster-1225212889.jpg

I don't see it as being a one food issue, I really don't. Be that food milk (yes milk is liquid food), pasta, meat, bananas, or whatever else; it takes more than a single food to make one gain or lose fat. I see, (and have proven it to myself at least) that it's not how high or low your calories really are that counts, if you don't take the speed of your metabolism into account.

Go ahead and drink not 1 gallon of milk, but 10 gallons of milk and see what happens. I know the most of you would quickly say fat fat fat to the 10 gallons of milk! But then when I ask you why fat? Why even gain weight of any kind, what would you say?

We put petrol into our cars but what determines how low the petrol gauge needle goes (or how fast I should say) is the way we drive that car. In other words it’s the activities that we do do or we don't do that would ultimately determine not only the speed of which we gain or lose weight, but whether we in fact gain or lose in the first place.

On 13500 calories I did not gain or lose a single gram (I know this because I weighed myself every single day). As I changed sports and became a bodybuilder, I continued with my high level of activities and found it extremely hard to gain weight irrespective whether I drank not milk, but oil itself!

Brothers, please trust me when I tell you that it won't be the milk that makes you fat but your less than appropriate level of activities. Furthermore, your ultra high calories won't help you achieve your weight gain for as long as your level of activities that you can not help yourself from doing is curtailed.

On one hand we have the young energetic lifter who goes to the gym five to six nights a week, does high volume training, does his football training on the weekends as well as on his gym day's off, goes partying, does this and does that. He says he can not eat more than he's already eating or he can not drink more than the 5 gallons of milk that his cow is producing everyday; what is he to do? I say there's only one thing to do and that is slow down a bit so your metabolism can like wise, slow down a bit and facilitate for you some weight gain.

I know I have shifted the discussion slightly (slightly Fadi?!) from milk, sorry about that. But please start thinking metabolism rate and work your food intake and workouts around it; it will be a lot less painful, a lot less confusing, and a lot more profitable for you.

You don't have to believe a word I'm saying and I wouldn’t want you either, not at face value anyway. However what I would like you to do is try and prove me wrong if you can. I did not go to google to write what I've shared with you here, nor did I get it from a book. I found there was no need for either's assistance. But I did go inside myself for some answers/proof and I tapped into my memory and recalled the 100s of times a skinny person says something to the effect of: “man look how skinny I am, how can I get big like you?" After asking him few questions, you find that the man just doesn't stop moving, sometimes even when he's relaying his problem to you; you find that he can not remain still for more than few seconds, fidgeting continuously. Of course the other side of the coin is the one who says: "man I've tried every diet in the book and I still can't get rid of this tyre, can you help me?" After few questions you find that the man although does not eat what may be considered as a high calorie diet, what you find is that he (being the flip side of the first man) just doesn't like to move.

I have seen it times and again, a quick and sudden change of attitude brings on a quick and sudden change in bodyweight, whether up or down. The lawyer (true story) who comes to the gym day in and day out to lose his 30 or 40kg of excess weight only to go home the same way he arrived at the gym...until, until he visits the doctor and gets given an ultimatum: "lose or lose your life soon!" I swear to you, 30kg and 40kg of fat came off that lawyer in record time, so fast that everybody noticed and commented, me first since I was the gym instructor at the time. I'll leave it here and I hope I haven't bore you to sleep!

Well I am not infallible, so forgive me if I have made a mistake in what I have said above. After all I'm still here, so you're most welcome to ask for clarification of what I've said.

God Bless and thank you for your time.

Fadi.

Last edited: