• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New to bulking

krayon

Hey everyone,

As you can see i'm new to this forum, I am at the age of 20 and weigh about 62 kgs and roughly about 172cm's, I blame my lack of training and poor diet. Over the years I have been off and on of diets and protein supplements. I recently met an old friend who use to weigh 50kgs+ and was very skinny, 2 years have passed and I met him again and his all bulked and tanked up now. I had asked him what he did, and he told me he bulked up for 1 year and now is eating clean and cutting and now is a personal trainer. That gave me motivation to hit the gym again, I'm currently a hospitality student and for a cook/chef the hours are not that great.. I normally finish at 9.30pm and don't get home until 10.30-11.00pm. So as you can see I have no time for a gym and just recently bought Chinup bar for home purposes, I'm currently on the lookout for barbell and more weights, I find stores that sell them in Melbourne to be expensive.
Over the years I have lifted, the program I was using follows :

3 x 8 - Bench
3 x 8 - Pull ups ( at the park ..)
3 x 8 - Dead lifts
3 x 8 - Overhead Press
3 x 8 - Dips ( at the park yes ..)
3 x 8 - BB curls

Well reason I didn't do squats because I didn't have a squat rack but thats no excuse before you start flaming >.> but all help is welcome.

My diet was poor and im a smoker and drink on weekends, which I should cut down from, the diet I have in mind follows :

Meal 1 - 2Eggs/ham/Cheese + shake
Meal 2 - 2 Cans of Tuna
Meal 3 - Chicken breast with veggies
Meal 4 - Pasta + Ground Beef ( ?) just read its cheaper for to use ground beef?
Meal 5 - Steak with veggies
Meal 6 - Chicken or Steak with veggies

I have calculated my daily intake of protein/carbs/fat
I am going to be using the 40/40/20
So my daily intake would be 23g pro/carbs | fat i forgot ._.

And as for supplements I had tried out vital strength which didn't work too well, then i moved on to ON SERIOUS MASS but the scoops were insanely massive. So now im leaning towards ON WHEY 100% Standard and mix it with 1 scoop/banana and maybe some peanut butter? would give me roughly around 33g's of protein.

Protein supplement choices is either between
Optimum Nutrition 100% Natural Whey Gold Standard 5lbs- $89.95 vs Dymatize Natural Whey 5lbs - $85.00

So in conclusion I would like to bulk for 6 month if it's possible I know bulking takes years or even more and hard effort and training. But my goal is to gain mass and muscle, so im currently considering the 5x5 weight training program. I cannot post a picture of myself due to restriction of not having 15 post's but my current picture is in profile if that helps.

But if anyone in Melbourne has barbell and weights for sale please PM or leave a message any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for taking your time to read.

Last edited:
Krayon, to make a lasting difference you will need to forget the notion of dieting on and off. You need to make a lifestyle choice about eating and learn what foods you need to be eating. Your diet looks pretty good though and you will learn over time what you will need to change for life to get to and maintain your ideal physique.

Have a read about squats and milk, either on here or on the web somewhere. If you drink 4L of milk a day you will get an extra 2500cals and about 120g of protein. If you squat as well, you will get big pretty quickly. Squats are the most important in building body mass.

Good luck with it mate, you could do with adding squats and a Row (BB Row, DB Row, T-Bar Row) to your program to help build a proportionate physique.

Yeah thanks for the support, But im just trying to figure out if i should use supplements or just try the whole GOMAD program which is a cheaper soultion.
I have read about the GOMAD (gallon a milk a day) but it seems insane. But even if you do drink 4L of milk a day wouldn't you lose weight due to diarrhea?

I have not done the GOMAD thing so you will have to ask others who have. As far as I can know, no one has gotten diarrhea. Otherwise people wouldn't do it.

Ah fast reply, Nah I was reading up on the 5x5stronglifts site about the GOMAD, some people do experience diarrhea, but if it doesn't go away in the 2nd week you would have to buy pills? =S. Oh and another question i was wondering, would I have to buy the refrigerated milk in the dairy department of supermarkets? or can I just buy the ones on the shelfs?

bleh.jpg

The current me above

And my goal would be ..
1242387436_1.jpg

So im wondering how long would I have to bulk for? I know I dont have big dreams but I think it's possible, my friend said if i do bulk up i'll look stumpy =S

Last edited:
That dude looks like a girl!

He simply has pretty low bodyfat with a bit of muscle tone, that is not really that hard to achieve.

From what you currently have, you would need to put on some muscle. Bulking is a fast way, but with noobie gains you could probably get close.