• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New To Gym

boxing23

Hi I wasnt sure where to put this so i just chucked it up here.

Anyway this is my first post and here is a little bit about myself. Im just about to turn 18. Around 15 months ago i was about 6ft and 95kg's without any muscle mass really all fat haha. Since then i have grown to about 6ft 3inches or 188cm and at my lowest i was 59.5kg (a couple of weeks ago) which is extremely underweight and was around 3-4% bodyfat. It gave me a lot of health problems and i got sent to hospital after collapsing twice. I got addicted to losing weight and exercise doing 2 plus hours of cardio a day and eating around 1600 cals per day aswell as working as a bricklayer 6 days a week. Since being in hospital i have gotten my self a personal trainer who happens to be a mate of mine and he has wrote me up a diet plan and training plan. So Here it is any advice, criticism or opinions would be great!!

Cheers Sean

Diet Plan
Breakfast - 60g protein Shake and 60g oats or
- 2 whole eggs + 4 egg whites and 4 slices of wholemeal toast
Smoko- 150g brown rice + either 200g of chicken, turkey, grilled fish or tuna
Lunch- Same as smoko
Afternoon- (about 1 hour before i workout) - 2 peanut butter sandwiches wholemeal bread + 60g Protein shake
Post Workout - Post workout Shake (bsc recovery)
Dinner - Varies But toninght is 200g kangaroo steak + Vegies
Dessert - 60g protein shake + 1 tbsp of peanut butter

This works out to around 3300 cals
By the way i should mention that my calorie maintenance level is 2900 cal
And i use International Protein Synergy a sustained release protein powder. I obviously change the rice up with things like wholemeal pasta and Quinoa.

My Workouts:
- Legs and abs
- Chest and Triceps
- Back and Biceps
- Shoulders and abs
- 2 x 45 min cardio workouts per week

I have been changing what days i do what muscle groups because my Personal Trainer has been going through each one with me to make sure my technique is good.

Monday - resistance training
Tuesday - resistance training
Wednesday - 45 mins cardio
Thursday - resistance training
Friday - Rest
Saturday - PT session - resistance training
Sunday- 45 mins cardio
I will probably change friday to resistance training, saturday to cardio and sunday to a rest day though once ive finished my PT sessions.

The diet looks fine although too much bread for my liking but the workout oculd use major tweaking.

have a look that the sticky beginner workouts. They'll suit you much better than split body workouts at your weight and experience.