• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

new to these boards!

Aussie_steve

G'day everyone my name's steve, i'm 21 and from Melbourne. I've been around a few online bodybuilding forums for a while and was glad to come across another Australian board. I've been training for the last 4 years and have made major improvements to my physique in that time! I'm currently undergoing treatment for cancer so unfortunately i've been out of the gym for a while and have lost alot of size, however it has given me a little more free time so I thought i'd join up on another aussie board and meet some more like minded people! I'll throw up a few pics soon and start posting around in a few threads. I'm also 2 weeks out from completing certificate 4 in fitness, unfortunately deferred for a while but can't wait to finish that and build on from there and hopefully get a career in the fitness industry.

Hi Steve
Welcome to Ausbb :)

Good to see you still pursuing fitness.
I had a bodybuilder boyfriend years ago who tackled Testicular cancer then went on to compete after treatment.

All the best with your health and fitness :)

Wow, welcome Steve, sorry to hear about the 'C' word, but good for you for persevering and staying strong through this time. Much respect.

Look forward to seeing the improvements you've made to your physique in the last few years and your continued journey.

Welcome to ausbb :)

Hi Steve
Welcome to Ausbb :)

Good to see you still pursuing fitness.
I had a bodybuilder boyfriend years ago who tackled Testicular cancer then went on to compete after treatment.

All the best with your health and fitness :)

Thanks! thats what i currently have, it's quite strange how it always seems to be healthy young men that get testicular cancer. I was diagnosed 2 years ago and it went away without chemo and stuff but not so lucky this time, glad it all worked out for him though! hopefully I can get on stage in the next couple of years too!

Steve he was 24 when diagnosed. The most aggressive but most treatable type of cancer.

Welcome mate. Sorry to hear about your ailment, I am sure once its done and gone you will have the added desire to smash it in the gym.
So your currently undergoing treatment? Chemo I guess. Are you still keeping active, walks and light stuff, reason I ask is father in law has been fighting a long battle with leukemia and they told him to stay as active as possible through chemo ,even though ya don't feel like it, its doing you good, good for the body but more importantly the mind

Welcome mate. Sorry to hear about your ailment, I am sure once its done and gone you will have the added desire to smash it in the gym.
So your currently undergoing treatment? Chemo I guess. Are you still keeping active, walks and light stuff, reason I ask is father in law has been fighting a long battle with leukemia and they told him to stay as active as possible through chemo ,even though ya don't feel like it, its doing you good, good for the body but more importantly the mind

Thanks mate, yeah it has definately added to my motivation to get back to training, I think the hardest part of it all is not being able to train and withering away haha. I'm currently in my 4th week of chemo but hopefully only 5 more weeks to go! My cycles run 5 days on then 1 day on for the following two weeks, so in my short weeks I've been trying to do a little exercise and work before I crash and burn toward the end of the days haha. Sorry to hear about your father in law I can't imagine how hard it would be to have a long battle through chemo only 4 weeks in and I.m already over it, I hope it works out well for him!

I find it inspiring you are looking past your illness and building yourself a future past cancer.

I find it inspiring you are looking past your illness and building yourself a future past cancer.

Thanks kaz, I just try to look at it as a temporary set back, I count myself lucky that it has such a high cure rate and I am quite healthy. I hope my talking about it can be an experience that I can turn into a way of helping others who might be going through the same thing in the future whether it's in personal training or another way. Unfortunately I meet quite a few people who don't have such a good prognosis and I'd feel a bit silly saying poor me around them!

Thanks mate, yeah it has definately added to my motivation to get back to training, I think the hardest part of it all is not being able to train and withering away haha. I'm currently in my 4th week of chemo but hopefully only 5 more weeks to go! My cycles run 5 days on then 1 day on for the following two weeks, so in my short weeks I've been trying to do a little exercise and work before I crash and burn toward the end of the days haha. Sorry to hear about your father in law I can't imagine how hard it would be to have a long battle through chemo only 4 weeks in and I.m already over it, I hope it works out well for him!

He is doing well thanks mate, in remission which is good.

Your an inspiration mate, you certainly have the 'never give up' attitude. Keep up the positive attitude, that's half the battle, it certainly helps you, and the people around you.

He is doing well thanks mate, in remission which is good.

Your an inspiration mate, you certainly have the 'never give up' attitude. Keep up the positive attitude, that's half the battle, it certainly helps you, and the people around you.

That's awesome news really glad to hear it, I wish we heard a lot more of the successful stories in the media as opposed to the doom and gloom, these days they really do win a lot more than they lose with cancer!

Sorry to hear about the big 'c,' looking forward to seeing how you progress while kicking its ass into the ground.

Tons of luck & admiration.