• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New to this.

B

brucey22

Hey everybody my names aaron and im pretty new to the bodybuilding community and im wantig as much knowledge and guidence from you guys to help me achieve my possible goals..

Ive been around gyms since i was 15 and never really took a shinning to them but now i look back i wish i had took notice and trained hard. im now 21 and looking to become a solid and shredded human..
i know my way around a gym reasonably well so im confident in saying i know majority of the equiptment at a gym..

what the main goal im looking to achieve is reduced body fat rapidly and bulk up reasonably fast.. im open to any suggestions that you's might have and encouragement you might have aswell...

happy to answer any questions you guys fire at me that'll help...

Cheers aaron

Didn't see him mention strength anywhere. Muscle and body recomp the primary goal.

Didn't see him mention strength anywhere. Muscle and body recomp the primary goal.

what the main goal im looking to achieve is reduced body fat rapidly and bulk up reasonably fast..

i do see a floor in this plan as with most young tyros...

can you?

Welcome Aaron.

Goat Kunce welcomes you

images

hey guys sorry about the late reply but i am trying to put together a workout that'll work for me. i realise that results dont come over night but im willing to put in the hard yards to achieve it as fast as i can with hard work and dedication. at the moment im currently not going to the gym due to a shoulder reco mid last year and been working on strengthening exercises and what not.. so pretty much a blank slate and start from scratch so to say. i know my way around a gym so im confident ican make it work..

cheers

just to add to my last post, im new to proteins and supplements and what not so any suggestions would be appreciated. i weigh around 112kgs and wanting to get down to about 100 with alot more muscle than fat.

thanks again

If you were able to train, what would the average session look like? And how would you split the bodyparts per week?

What's your diet like?
Do any cardio even though you haven't been lifting?

i can dedicate every day but im thinking a 3 day split to start. mon wed fri and cardio tues thurs.. im a plumber so im always digging holes and running around but cardio outside of work is fairly minimal at the moment.
im not entirely sure how to split the muscle groups into a session as yet im doing some research as we speak.

i think 3 days a week is good. You have a hard job, so consider that in when you train as you are using more physical energy in the job then a office worker, So recovery would be your best friend.
Always condition your body when you start, 1-2 exercises for large muscles, chest , back, legs, shoulders. 1 exercise for calves, forearms , biceps , abs.
2-3 sets, total body workouts... progress VERY slowly by adding in 1 extra set or few more reps as the weeks go by, dont be in a rush to perform a routine from the internet, we are not all made the same. Don't train 5 days.. just go slowly , enjoy it ... have fun, this is your time for yourself. DO NOT train too heavy or too failure.... strong enuff to do 10-12 reps , but do not over do it until your body is conditioned.

I hope this advice helps.

yeah definately. im trying to make a program with that sort info that youve given me that i will best be suited to.. have you guys got any opinions on like sample eating diets and all that?? ive heard good things about venom powders and all that but im unsure.
cheers

Have a look at something like PTC's beginner's routine. If you're pretty sound with compound lifts and have your form sorted, this will be a good starting point and allow 2 cardio sessions a week whilst still having adequate recovery. As mentioned, I would cut the weight back and up the reps from ~8 to around the 10-12 mark for a few months until you're not waking up sore with DOMS every day.

Diet doesn't need to be complex, just be smart about things. Track your calories with something like the 'my fitness pal' app on your phone as you get started, so you can see how much you need (or don't need) to eat and what kinds of foods.

With protein powders, plenty of guys/girls on here like the bulk nutrients stuff. Cheap and you know what you're getting. I can't stand the taste so I go with musclepharm combat or bsn syntha 6

i was playing professionally for a while and was using bsc products but didnt really seem to do muh except while using triandrobol made me majorly horny but i gathered that from it being a test booster.. but other than that nothing really helped me a hell of alot so i might try those sups you suggested..

NO offence intended here but it seems like you have no idea whatsoever about nutrition.
and the results you are after come mainly from diet.

there is this MASSIVE pit that most people fall in to when they first start... it's the "I want to shred the fat and gain larger muscles at the same time" pit.

This only happens in the following scenarios:
* steroids
* perfectly tuned Diet and exercise and rest

There is a world of information on the topics of nutrition and exercise... prepare to be confused.

I'll just leave my opinions here...

Focus on either losing weight or getting bigger.
Spend most of your energy doing compound movements and add the isolation stuff at the end as assistance.
EFFORT - put in heaps of it. HEAPS!

this whole thing is a marathon, not a sprint.. your post about "I want to lose fat and gain muscle ASAP" is good in that you'll probably train hard, but the changes take a long time... so don't be disheartened and quit when things don't move as quickly as you think your efforts should make it move.

totally understand where your coming from. ive sorted out my diet recently and feeling 10x better within myself now just plan on hitting the gym hard. im definately in this for the long hawl. im extremely keen to feel the burn and soreness of a the morning after a hard session. your right that im not 100% sure on diet but from doing my research and what not so im getting my head around a good balanced diet i think im ready..