• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Next back machine for the home gym....

Gettingbigger

I`m hoping very soon that the wife will give the approval for the next item in our gym.

I am after something for the back. I already have a cybex lat pulldown and a hyper extension and now I am torn between the following two.....

A supported row....Row Machine | Calibre Fitness

Or a supported low row....Low Row Machine | Calibre Fitness

Thoughts on either one?

I do bent over rows (but worry about my back these days) and I sometimes do D/B rows, but I really want a supported row of some kind.

Open to any suggestions

Cheers all!

Last edited:
Seriously waste of cash IMO, 2K for a machine that does one exercise that you can do with a barbell.

Unless I was a millionaire and could possibly not think of another thing to buy on this planet, I seriously still wouldn't buy one:p

Bought a T bar row a few month back, but only because I was there buying something else and the guy only wanted $50 for it, so I chucked it in the trailer, otherwise would never bother with it, still I use it about once a week.

Last edited:
I'm looking at getting a high / low pulley to be able to do cable rows.

Never got anything out of bent over rows.

If you want to do chest supported rows then get yourself some timber, increase the height of a flat bench and lie face down on that for support.

If you want to do chest supported rows then get yourself some timber, increase the height of a flat bench and lie face down on that for support.

I already do that with a propped up bench. Works ok but I have always liked cable rows better.

Some food for thought there. I have an injury that gets aggravated with T-Bar rows so they are a no no for me sadly.

This is to go into our studio (which people pay to train in) so machines are a popular choice, in addition to the basics.

Some food for thought there. I have an injury that gets aggravated with T-Bar rows so they are a no no for me sadly.

This is to go into our studio (which people pay to train in) so machines are a popular choice, in addition to the basics.

Some good reasons there….if peopel are paying you to use it then may be go for it if you can not do T Bar rows or similar.

I also have a high low pulley, I think I have only used the low for seated rows once or twice, prefer the T Bar or just bent over rows personally. Got the high low on eBay pretty cheap as well.

I think [MENTION=3627]Silverback[/MENTION]; has one

Yeah, but mine is a next gen version, a women's pullover, which is the same but a tad narrower, well more then a tad.

The one Dorian is using is the original spider cam version, which is very intense, the cams are really hard.

People complained, so Arthur changed the profile of the cam slightly, and started producing the solid aluminum type.

I've searched, all over the joint for one of those.

Yeah, but mine is a next gen version, a women's pullover, which is the same but a tad narrower, well more then a tad.

The one Dorian is using is the original spider cam version, which is very intense, the cams are really hard.

People complained, so Arthur changed the profile of the cam slightly, and started producing the solid aluminum type.

I've searched, all over the joint for one of those.

If you get tired of using them Andy can I look after them for you?

4 or 5 years ago the bloke from graysfitness was given , yeah given...a full line of this stuff, he couldn't sell it.

If you get tired of using them Andy can I look after them for you?

Sure!

There still at markos's gym (PTC) I believe they are used a lot, I haven't been there in a while.

My favourite is the behind neck pulldown, that works the back like no other.