• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Nick's Anabolic Diet Experiment Log.

Ah, what's up with the mega dosage of fish oil? How much would you recommend someone not on this kind of diet to take normally on a daily basis?

I know Nick has had joint problems like myself. When you mega dose fish oil it really helps with lubrication in the joints... If you dont have any previous issues you dont need to dose up but for us who really struggle with it it helps a lot...
I have about 6 high stregth fish oil , 6 normal fish oil , 3000m glucosamine, 1500mg chondroitin, 4000mg of vitamin c , and 2000mg of MSM a day and it seems to help joint pain.... Only thing it doesnt fix for me is my F***ed cartlide in my shoudler.

Not sure on a dose if nothing is wrong. Maybe 5+

But that's just a guess.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rule of thumb I like is to dose up untill your poop goes quite "soft" then back off a few cap's. That's your baseline. Or have a few good serves (250-300+g's) of Salmon or some such oily fish a few times a week.

As usual, watch the DHA/EPA ratio.

Diet is still moving along well.

Probably eating well over 30g of carbs a day now, closer to 50. Which is still f**k all and my weight is still ever so slightly moving down.

I hit 107's for the first time in ages last week. Also squatted a 222.5x1 and 180x8 as a backoff set straight after. Both PB's so strength is going great.

Getting in 1 HIIT session a week, any more tends to make me really lethargic and strength goes down.

I will stay on this diet for a while longer as i'm still (slowly) getting leaner and also getting stronger.

I started this diet 7 days ago and noticed that i was highly irritable with no carbs after 4 days or so, bad breath and sweet taste in my mouth. I read DiPasquale's The anabolic diet and saw nothing about depleting carbs for 12 days and started my carb up after 7 days. I don't know if it will make much of a difference seeing as I did that, but it feels like my body was getting used to the no carb thing. I'm going to run this diet for 6-8 weeks and see how i go.

I'm still going strong.

Bodyweight was 106.8kg this morning after a piss.

So in 4 months I've only lost about 4kg but the change in body composition has been VERY noticeable.

Much leaner all over without any loss in strength. Although injuries have stopped me pushing 100%.

I'm now not exactly following the anabolic diet as such. Just keeping carbs super low during the week, fats high all the time and eating resonable carbs on the weekend.

I still eat plenty of green veggies during the week.

Next week I'm going to start throwing in some fruit during the week. Simply to get my fruit/veggies up and make this diet more of a permanent proposition.

Ok I'm offcially off the anabolic diet. I'm starting to have small amounts of oats in the morning, fruit, and some post workout carbs. They will still be kept low though.

My thoughts on the diet were the following.

* Body composition change was really noticeable I look a lot leaner without actually losing that much weight. I only dropped about 6kg in 5 months.

* After a week or two of feeling average on the diet you feel great.

* People eat way to many carbs.

* After a week or two gym sessions were great, they were difficult when I started the diet though.

* I didn't lose much if any strength on this diet. Infact I hit a squat PB of 180kg x 8 with only a belt and sleeves (not wraps).

* I would reccomend this to anyone who wants to strip some fat quickly and maintain plenty of muscle.

Nick, would you recommend this for someone who is looking to plain and simply add mass whilst adding minimal fat?
I find when i'm aiming to bulk up, consuming carbs makes me feel very sluggish and bloated. I usually add weight very easily with a typical 40/40/20 diet (im talking gaining 0.5kgs EASY on 2500 cals or so), most of it being fat.

Another question, what training routine did you follow whilst on the AD?

appreciate your feedback

Nick, would you recommend this for someone who is looking to plain and simply add mass whilst adding minimal fat?
I find when i'm aiming to bulk up, consuming carbs makes me feel very sluggish and bloated. I usually add weight very easily with a typical 40/40/20 diet (im talking gaining 0.5kgs EASY on 2500 cals or so), most of it being fat.

Another question, what training routine did you follow whilst on the AD?

appreciate your feedback

I didn't try bulking on the anabolic diet because the volume of food would simply have been too much.

But no I wouldn't reccomend it for bulking.

I plan to add weight again this year. I'll be keeping carbs reasonably low only eating oats in the morning, a few pieces of fruit and green veggies. Maybe a litre of full cream raw milk but that will be it.

Red meat and cream will be my weight gain weapons of choice.

IMG_0192.jpg

Posted via Mobile Device

PAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!! Cant believe i found this...prepare for the banter sir!