• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

No Bench Dumbbell exercises ?

L

lacie

Hi to the member of Ausbb , Lacie here found this place while searching on google thought i would stop by and ask my question here
I just got a set of dumbbells from kmart and am wonder what are some dumbell exercises that I can do without a bench? At the moment i have just been doing bicep curls( i think that's what they are called)

You can still do bench presses from the ground. It's not as large range of motion, so you won't be working the entire muscle, but it's better then nothing.

Shoulders:
Overhead press
Lateral raises
Front raises
Bent over raises
Upright rows

Arms:
Curls
Reverse curls
Overhead triceps extensions
Triceps kickbacks

Legs:
Dumbbell squats
Lunges
Stiff leg deadlifts
Standing calf raise

Back:
Bent over rows

Chest:
Bench press from ground, as mentioned, or make a platform with phonebooks and blanket to increase the range of motion.
Dumbbell flyes using the same method.
Or just do push ups for your chest + close grip push ups.

There are many bodyweight exercises you can do without the dumbbells, so don't forget these too.

Good Luck

Last edited: