• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Nutrients during a workout Milos Sarcev

S

Stacks

OK first serious post. I do my best with diet and supplementation, I am however no nutritionalist. I am getting wiser in the the things I eat, when I eat them and how I prepare them. I have recently been watching a good Milos Sarcev DVD that runs through his training techniques and focuses on muscle hypertrophy and maximum contraction. One part talked about nutrient intake and got me thinking. Below is his take on supplement timing.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]Milos Sarcev Hypertrophy Camp:[/FONT]1. The best time to load up on nutrients is during a workout : [FONT=Arial, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]During an intense workout blood blood flow to the muscles is increased by 60-70%. This makes it the ideal time to supply the body with predigested amino acids and glucose polymers. The increased blood flow and insulin spike from the glucose will transport the amino acids right to the working muscles when they are needed most. If you wait after the workout you have already missed the window.[/FONT]

Surely the BCAA's, proteins etc would have to be broken down and absorbed through digestion processes. I have no idea how long that would take but surely pre workout would prove to be a better time to supplement these nutrients so you don't "miss the window". Can anyone comment on
absorption/digestion times?

He is talking amino acids and glucose, that stuff does not need to be digested as such, and gets picked up by the blood stream almost instantly. Obviously, if rather than having BCAA's etc you are eating a piece of chicken or streak it needs to be digested first to make the nutrients available. Think of aminose and glucose like alcohol, of you slam down a few shots of spirits it only takes minutes possibly less to affect you, it gets absorbed ino our blood almost instantly after consuming it.

Thats why people have intra workouts with EAA's and BCAA's during their training.

But in all honesty I believe that this matter little in the overall scheme of things and is probably the 1% of your already doing 99%. But every bit helps I guess.

All that is pretty much old news, and people have known this for a long time

Last edited:
I think I have posted this beofre - Milos Pre/Intra/Post shakes -

Pre workout
3-10g Creatine
3-10g Glutamine
15-20g Essential Amino Acids
15g BCAA
30-50 Vitargo
1tsp electrolyte drink powder

During Workout
3-5g Creatine
3-10g Glutamine
15-20g Essential Amino Acids
15g BCAA
50 Vitargo

Post Workout
3-5g Creatine
3-10g Glutamine
40-50g Whey
50-75 Vitargo

Too much creatine. . Lol

may not be. Heard it before of a trainer recommending 20g of Creatine per day.

Milos Sarcev though, wouldn't everything he says be referring to geared lifters not natties?

Meh does nothing for me. [MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]; Got super gains on 60gm/day [emoji33]