• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

old injury

tocksr1

Hi all

Just after some advice, I herniated L5 in my back a couple of years ago and was put on anti inflamatorys for 12 months so no surgery. The back has been great lately with just a little flair up on the odd occasion. I am in the process of buying the powertec power rack, bench and some weights. I was looking at doing the Stronglifts 5X5 program to get back into things and build up my back as well as strenght all over. Just wondering if this will cause any issues with my back or not.

Cheers

Your doctor would be the best person to answer that.

I don't think any random dude on the internet will be able to help you out with serious health issues and injuries.

I've trained a few clients who were coming off recent back injuries. They all felt better after training.

Keep your technique on point and leave your ego at the door and you'll be fine. A strong back is a healthy back.

Have you addressed the reason why you were injured? If it was due to a chronic issue then you would be wanting to check your mobility issues especially with your ankles and hips. If you have been to a physio for the injury get them to check your mobility and ability to squat etc.

If it was an acute injury then make sure you've addressed the issue i.e. Lax on technique (in and out of the gym), weakness in area etc. Then work up to the lifting heavy again.

Best to be checked out first before lifting again to be safe.