• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Online calorie counters??

funks

Trying to put together a diet and went to use Calorie King but they want $44.95 for access to their software.

I really only want to plug a few things in to make sure I'm not way off and don't want to waste the $ on this when I can find it for free.

Which calorie counter do you guys use?

What do you mean calorie king want $44.95? Just go on the site look up said foods, use basic maths and write it and calculate it in a journal man, its easier to keep it in a notebook etc. than online, you cant access the PC when prepping food...

Ok, where's the face palm??

Didn't see the big "SEARCH OUR HUGE AUSTRALIAN FOOD DATABASE" tab in the middle of the page.

Cheers NJA82.

hahaha you had me thinking for a while to mate, ive never seen the $44.95 thing i actually went and checked the site out i thought they must have started charging to use the database :p

I use calorie king online now and then and it's free. I tried their software and the database isn't the same as the online one for some reason, it didn't even have blueberries in the software one you pay for. It would be better if it let you do more than 4 meals but that's easy to work with.

Fitday is great and I used to use it in combination with CalorieKing by saving custom (Australian) foods in Fitday. Then I realised you can record your food intake in CalorieKing too with a free online account! I only use CalorieKing now.

Trying to put together a diet and went to use Calorie King but they want $44.95 for access to their software.

I really only want to plug a few things in to make sure I'm not way off and don't want to waste the $ on this when I can find it for free.

Which calorie counter do you guys use?

The best one i've found is called foodworks which is produced by a company called xyris and can be found here: FoodWorks

The only down side is that you can only download a sample for 2 weeks.. but all australian standards and it is what all the decent dieticians and nutritionists use. you pump in all your data and it will give you a rough estimated BMR and the rest..
All nutritional info is split into meals as well as days..
And will give a almost complete breakdown..

I usually download it once a year and play around with my diet and see how things are tracking for shits and giggles.. and is usally pretty good.. although sodium intake is always off the charts.. too much bread.. :)

Let me know how you go!