• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Opinion on this workout

IMO maybe throw another tricep exercise in there,

and if you're hitting your muscle groups twice a week,

think about a light weight session with slow controlled reps, perfect form, and high volume

and one heave session with 1 or 2 sets with heavy ass weights.

good luck with the pelvis, Elvis.

You put yourself up for beratement by posting a question asking for opinions on a workout.

Stop asking for somebody to hold your hand and whinge when nobody wants to.

LIFT, EAT, GROW

You obviously havent read anything that I have written.

Saying I need to squat when I cant is pointless and stupid.

I dont really see where I asked for any kind of affection from anyone on here, unless you include expecting people to not be wankers as unreasonable?

I didnt put myself up for beratement at all, I asked for advice. Obviously I can see how people confuse the two.

You'll be alright, just pace yourself.

Youre right but I think there is an acceptable level of being a fuckwit that comes with being human and then there is well the other kind of fuckwit which really isnt needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO maybe throw another tricep exercise in there,

and if you're hitting your muscle groups twice a week,

think about a light weight session with slow controlled reps, perfect form, and high volume

and one heave session with 1 or 2 sets with heavy ass weights.

good luck with the pelvis, Elvis.

Thanks.

not knowing the specs of your pubic injury I'd confirm that it should be quite easy to start training LB again asap. About RICE, compression & elevation are quite irrelevant in this case, and Icing could actually be counter productive; my direction has always been if the injury benefits from restricting blood flow then ice (i.e. swelling, sprain, early stages of injuries), if the injury can benefit from increased blood flow then heat (packs) are recommended (i.e. DOMS, overuse, recovery stages of sprains,...).

So, after some initial rest (could be months) the cause of the injuries needs to be addressed, and I'll take an educated guess we're talking about overuse. Overuse does not always mean you have done too much training, in the most obvious meaning of the words 'too much'. Overuse can also and often means, that the workout is not appropriate for the current condition of the body. To cut that explanation short, my guess would be you increased training volume or intensity too quickly, or you have tight lower body muscles and caused (di)stress in your muscles from doing the 'right' exercises (SQ, DL, ...) with 'wrong/bad' form caused by a lack of a full range of motion (ROM) in the muscles involved.

So assuming you've done the 'rest' thing for a while, have a look at some stretching to increase your ROM in the hips, knees and ankles, and probably also your upper body. The reason for doing a full body stretching routine is that reduced ROM in any of those major joints could impact on the correct biomechanical movement of any of the LB exercises you do i.e. your squat could be bad form due to tight ankles, groin, hammies, lower back, or even shoulders and upper back.

I know yoga may not sound manly enough, but don't be fooled. Most OL competitors I know in the BNE area do some form of yoga. Check out any yoga www for a full body program.

Oh yes, the UB program; not something I would put together, but someone famous once said 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger'.