• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Opinions on Stronglifts

someone find a torrent for this program would be funny to see what it is is it even video instructional?

His stronglifts programme is a free ebook available on his site without registration. It's just another Starr variation, except with less deadlifts, maybe Mehdi doesn't use his glutes and gets a sore back or something, I dunno.

His coaching is not in a video, you're supposed to exchange lots of emails and videos so he can critique your form, or something.

1 year ago I was a total noob and everyone was talking about rippetoe and stronglifts, so I went ahead and did them, as the only other way I knew was those machine routines handed out by 1 week tafe course 'personal trainers'
I now squat 145kg 3x5 and deadlift 182.5kg 3x3, might not have been the best way of going about things but im happy that stronglifts/rippetoe got me into heavy compound lifting. I guess PTC could of got me those stats ALOT sooner but I didnt know about all that untill some guy started posting his newsletters on a forum

Well done, JDizzle. I don't think it was the routine as such, just that you had a routine and stuck to it. It all comes down to your own sweat, so well done.

Well done, JDizzle. I don't think it was the routine as such, just that you had a routine and stuck to it. It all comes down to your own sweat, so well done.

For sure, it all goes back to the simple fact I was busting my arse on heavy compound lifting with correct form, where Starting Strength really helped me was getting form right, he devotes an entire chapter to the Squat
While my current routine bears little resemblence to SS and SL, its SS and SL which really got me into it and I was 100% certain in my mind I was going about things the right way, with that confidence came massive determination to add weight to the bar everytime I went to the gym
Cant help but laugh though, ive achieved in 1 year what medhi cant do in 5, and I do his 1rms with reps and sets! ;)

Last edited:
You did exceptionally well on a program system that was designed exactly for someone like you, a novice with no knowledge or lifting experience.

It taught you the basics, you worked very hard at them, obviously, and you reap the benefits.

If more lifters got your results with that program there would be no reason to ever ridicule it.

Let me say right now, the failings of the program are......none, its the lifter, on every occasion.

Oli and J are 2 of the strongest lifters on here, and use those 2 programs, why have they succeeded while others struggle

Effort

Why are we getting so c u n t y about another web site?

Is it woth it?

Do we feel so insecure we need to rubbish other methods?
It's very chirlish.

Why are we getting so c u n t y about another web site?

Is it woth it?

Do we feel so insecure we need to rubbish other methods?
It's very chirlish.

oh some things are stupid - HIT, max-ot, anything my gf makes up about toning...

Okay Andy, heres what just happened to me on Weaklifts last night.

There was a thread and a guy asked if he could deadlift 5x5 three times a week because he had no access to squat, so he simply wanted to replace the squat with deadlift in the Weaklifts program.

Blasphemy, his little scientologists told him he couldnt recover from 5x5 deadlifts three times a week.

I got on and gave my opinion and gave examples of workouts that I had clients do at PTC. I also quoted results we had got from such workouts.

I wake up this morning with a pm from The Tampon (Med) telling me no self promotion.

I was simply using real world results. His Weaklifts is not gym based, its just internet training, so I offered real world gym training. The fact I have 100 clients lifting gives me a great oppurtunity to see what works and what doesnt.

He doesnt have that priveledge, its a website, not a gym.

So anyway, its his party, his rules.

So I started a thread just then telling everyone the virtues of 20 rep breathing squats and how they are far superior to 5x5. No mention of my lifts, my gym or my lifters. No mention of anybodys results at PTC. Just an opinion from a guy with 30 years experience, to help give some insight to hypnotized little scientologists.

It was my 17th post, lets see if I get banned, and Kyle collects the dinero.

Someone on Weaklifts asked what my experiences with 20 rep squats are. Here is my reply....post # 18 Kyle, your looking shaky lol

I'm not allowed to say.
My training is gym based not internet based, so I use real world results when I give advice.
I got a message from Mehdi this morning saying no self promtion. My gym is full, I have no session times available, you guys are scattered all around the world, what benefits would a 2 car garage get from mention what my lifters do.
So I cant say.
What I will say is that I looked on your leader boards for lifts, and in my 2 years of operations, my lifters, male and female would be in first and second spot in every weight class, and third in the majority of others.
This post is sure to get me banned, there are plenty of ways to get strong, apparently you guys arent allowed to hear about them.
Moderators, edit my post as you see fit, I'm not here to cause trouble
Cheers
Markos

Markos you need to make that video we spoke abot on Wednesday. You can write a program for someone, you can write them a diet but you cant write effort for them. Maybe its only something you can show.

Nick and I were discussing that the next PTC video will be one of an actual workout with Nick, Max, Annie and a few others, simply to show people what I write about.

I think you need to see the effort.

Its why nobody that has ever lifted at PTC has said a bad word about it, you need to SEE what goes on there.

I'm waiting for my ban, it was a moderator that asked what my experiences were. He actually seems like a nice guy with good lifts in his sig

95kg
squat 165kg
deadlift 215kg
bench 142.5kg
bent row 115kg
OHP 97.5kg

There was a thread and a guy asked if he could deadlift 5x5 three times a week because he had no access to squat, so he simply wanted to replace the squat with deadlift in the Weaklifts program.
I wish you would link these things so we dont have to go searching for them. Here is that thread.
PTC said:
I wake up this morning with a pm from The Tampon (Med) telling me no self promotion.
Markos does have a lot of promotional posts, that wasn't one of them.
PTC said:
So I started a thread just then telling everyone the virtues of 20 rep breathing squats and how they are far superior to 5x5.
That seems not to any longer exist. They must have deleted it.

No he posted in an existing 20 rep squat thread

stronglifts.com/forum/widowmakers-20-rep-squats-t21189-30.html

Anyways theres quite a few decent people on there by the looks of it so I wouldnt sign up to deliberatly cause trouble

Ah, they merged his thread with an old one. And a mod said they were upset that he boasted about PTC lifter's achievements. Yes, it does get a bit old sometimes, but... given Mehdi's boasting and the record board and all that, they can't really complain. I mean, it's strong lifts we're talking about - isn't strong lifting relevant?