• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Overpronation+Squats etc

skywalker21

How do you guys handle overpronating ankles when squatting, deadlifting or any exercise that puts stress on the knees/ankles. Maybe its not a problem for some but Ive wondered if my feeling of awkwardness when squatting has something to do with ankles caving in.

Do you wear sports shoes or just grunt through it. Cant be good for the knees ???

tumblr_luf5jhzWDk1r261r3.jpg

Overpronation_Treadmill.jpg

I've got budget orthotics in my chuck taylors, but they are pretty worn down. I may look at getting some professional ones fitted.

The trouble with orthodics is most are soft or have too much flex in them to be truly suitable for lifting.

Yeah I have really flat feet so definitely need insoles for jogging. For lifting I still wear flat shoes and haven't had any issues with that. The body must have learnt to adjust to the pronation over the years and knows how to work with it.

I have fairly flat feet. Seems as long as knees dont come in, my feet don't collapse too badly. Probably why squatting oly style quite narrow feels more natural?

I have this problem also. It's only a problem with front squats and high bar though
I'm hoping the Do-wins prevent this

It seems squatting with running shoes isnt really recommended but for folk with rooted ankles perhaps its neccesary.

Last edited: