• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pain in my quad/hip area

Felixflex

I get a sharp pain in my quad/hip area when I squat or leg press, its only started in the last two weeks or so. It doesn't affect any other leg exercise or dl. Where/who would I go to get to it sorted out?

I get that same pain when I do leg press; foam rolling has helped it a fair bit for me. Stretching out my hip flexors has also helped a lot. Have you done anything differently in your training in the last two weeks?

Last edited:
I get a sharp pain in my quad/hip area when I squat or leg press, its only started in the last two weeks or so. It doesn't affect any other leg exercise or dl. Where/who would I go to get to it sorted out?

Do you usually do this exercise? If not then it is normal to feel pain there because muscles adjust to the new exercise and usually this will cause microfractures in your mircrofilaments but if you have been doing this exercise for so long and you did not even add some more lbs. then it could be that your muscles is so stressed that they needed a day or two of rest.