• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Paleo

People can eat whatever they want any time of day but I just couldn't stomach eating steak at breakfast

Then I go to yum cha for breakfast...

Soft shell crab
Duck
Pipi's
Dumplings
Dim sum
Bok choy
Mountains of chilli sauce and tea...

Fukn breakfast of champions....

It blows my mind that people associate certain foods with times of the day or a name

I don't understand it either,food is food,has nothing to do with the clock

edit: have a copy of The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf .epub,.mobi or .pdf

If you want a copy PM your email

Last edited:
I don't understand it either,food is food,has nothing to do with the clock

It's doesn't, but certain foods fit in with the social aspect of eating. People eat breakfast foods at breakfast and that's important also for some people. Having a diet that's easy to stick to long term and not freaking out because you are away from home and can't find a boiled chicken breast to eat for breakfast.

Its doesn't make you any more hardcore or your results any more hilariously awesome by eating steak or chicken breast for breakfast for the sake of it.

It's doesn't, but certain foods fit in with the social aspect of eating. People eat breakfast foods at breakfast and that's important also for some people. Having a diet that's easy to stick to long term and not freaking out because you are away from home and can't find a boiled chicken breast to eat for breakfast.

Its doesn't make you any more hardcore or your results any more hilariously awesome by eating steak or chicken breast for breakfast for the sake of it.

I understand the social aspect of it and it has become part of our nature,it's just for me I can eat most things whenever I want,for example I can easily eat breakfast cereals for night time dinner etc whereas my lady cannot because they are breakfast foods

no awesomeness or super results,just a personal thing :)

LOL I'm kind of the opposite. I can't have oats in the morning, only at night.
I have this whole "breakfast for dinner" thing about oats.
But I've never eaten cereal/porridge or breakfast so don't have that association ingrained.

No problem for me having tuna, salmon, chicken etc at breakfast. But that is only in the past 12-18 months or so (I am most definitely not paleo :eek:)

I think it's just what you are used to. A bit of food preferences and habit/ingrained thinking.

I never feel like 'breakfast' type food in the morning...Give me steak for breakfast anytime!

When I was working in France they ate PASTRY for breakfast
This was when I was still vegetarian as well and despite this I remember being furious

On one holiday I had pastry for breakfast every morning. It was fucking awesome apart from at the end of the holiday I didn't have any pants that fit any more.

To be fair I was probably eating 2 days worth of calories for breakfast alone.

I am currently doing the same thing Bazza.

I think I have put on a good 10 kilos over the last three weeks...now to get rid of it.

When I was working in France they ate PASTRY for breakfast
This was when I was still vegetarian as well and despite this I remember being furious

On one holiday I had pastry for breakfast every morning. It was fucking awesome apart from at the end of the holiday I didn't have any pants that fit any more.

To be fair I was probably eating 2 days worth of calories for breakfast alone.

Italians also usually have a pastry in the morning. I did this for years. never gained weight...all about the balance.

It was sensational though :D

Miss those days. Do it as a rare treat these days ... with the excuse of testing my wheat tolerance :p

Pain au Chocolate is pretty fucking dank tbf

lol it's awesome.

I'm a big fan of choux pastry...could eat eclairs all day long! But I don't

So I make them for other people to eat and get fat on :p

edit: also the total lack of calories makes them fully paleo cos there cannot be any grains in those pastries if there are no carbs :p

Yeah I'm going to be eating a lot of pastry when eating to gain weight for sure
I've been dieting so hard for so long now I forgot what foods I need to eat to gain weight and want it to be "clean" (paleo + grains & low fat dairy)

Pretty much came up with oats, cereal, chili made with beans, 1% milk, subway, rice pudding. And of course leanish meats. Not shit like chicken breast

I had chicken breast today.

I'm not a fan of chicken but if it's cooked right, it's pretty good.

Marinated it in strips with dijon mustard, yuzu juice, garlic, parsley, salt/pepper (would have added chilli but made it for my family too).

Seared the strips in a non stick frypan (stoneware). Poured over the rest of the marinade and cooked until tender and the marinade reduced to a thick sauce.

Awesome as a warm salad over greens, tomatoes etc.

Crap like boiled or just plain chicken breast which gym rats seem to be fans of is terrible.

Well cooked chicken breast is as good a tasting food as any.

Crap like boiled or just plain chicken breast which gym rats seem to be fans of is terrible.

Well cooked chicken breast is as good a tasting food as any.

100% agree!

can't understand the lack of imagination and cooking skills that leads to boiled chicken breast :eek:

What are foods that people consider to be Breakfast in Australia, I am curious, as I know different countries have different ideas.

I don't eat breakfast 98% of the time as I can not stomach anything in the morning, and have started intermitted fasting this year for this reason, as I find it natural. Also seems to save time and it's more convenient for me.

I consider breakfast to be bacon, eggs, tomato, steak, protein shakes, pork chop etc for some reason chicken, stews, soups etc are not considered breakfast in my mind, neither is any sort of breakfast cereal, nutri grains, corn flakes etc etc have never eaten them, for some reason my brother has cereal every morning, even when we were kids, I used to have eggs on toast most days, my kids don't eat cereal either, they love eggs on toast as well, even collect their own eggs a lot of the time.:)

My mum went to Germany a little while back, and they eat completely different, they have cakes for breakfast, then a hot meal for lunch (meat and veggies etc) then a sandwich for dinner with some ham or similar on it.

Last edited: