• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Peaking

Aaron

Do you train to Peak?

Can you perform to 99% of your capacity, 100% of the time?

This is to be a civil conversation Gentlemen (and Eje lol).

This can apply to Powerlifting. Do you only PB at comp?
This can apply to Bodybuilding. Do you run at 6% bf all the time?

Discuss. Nicely!

When I workout it's 100% as hard as I possibly can on the day.

If I don't feel 100% I don't workout

My diet has fluctuations and fluckyouaussies to.
And fuck you, sorry.

i train to increase my peak when i peak, lol. using progressive resistance we are always working towards a peak aren't we.

i will usually go for a pb in a comp or if i know i can beat it by 5-10kg and i'm feeling extra good. otherwise i think you should use that energy to get a good workout in. however my motivation is never higher than after I pb.

i cant go or feel 100% every workout.

I think most of us are still weak enough that we don't need to peak, just get stronger every month.

I rarely max in training, But will occasionally do a rep max. I try not to miss any attempts in training.
Generally training is geared towards peaking at competition
Training is always hard but very rarely 100% of effort, as I get more experienced and older I'm starting to figure out what my body can cope with better as far as training and recovery goes and also able to better judge attempts at comps.

Do you train to Peak?

Can you perform to 99% of your capacity, 100% of the time?

This is to be a civil conversation Gentlemen (and Eje lol).

This can apply to Powerlifting. Do you only PB at comp?
This can apply to Bodybuilding. Do you run at 6% bf all the time?

Discuss. Nicely!

The answer is both yes and no. A beginner or intermediate lifter has no need to peak, since by definition they are/should be stronger on a session to session/ weekly basis.

Once you start reaching the advanced/elite level then peaking becomes a necessity, it is simply impossible to perform at 100% (of your true 1RM as opposed to 100% of your daily max) at all times since the stress/adaptation response takes place over a number of weeks/months. This isn't only true of PL it also applies to other sports (such as track and field).

I train my best every session. Some sessions are better then others. I have the possibilities to hit pb's every session, but sometimes the prescribed reps is enough, as it is a marathon not a sprint.

Most strength based programs have some sort of peaking built into them, whether its every session, every week or every 12 weeks, you will eventually be required to go above 100%. after all it's called progressive resistance.

I rarely max in training, But will occasionally do a rep max. I try not to miss any attempts in training.
Generally training is geared towards peaking at competition
Training is always hard but very rarely 100% of effort, as I get more experienced and older I'm starting to figure out what my body can cope with better as far as training and recovery goes and also able to better judge attempts at comps.

I've heard the same sentiment aired by quite a few good lifters.

anytime, anything, anywhere

This whole "I can bust pr's anytime" sentiment is all well and good in theory but even the world's best lifters use progressive resistance and peaking before competitions. I doubt Coan went "oh hell, might try 20 reps squats tonight, fuck training for the rest of the week."

To be blunt, I think its stupid. Another band wagon idea from the messiah...