• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Periodization.

PowerBuilder

I will have a good bit of spare time this afternoon (thank god), so will put a some effort into writing some periodization stuff here.

Oh and while I'm thinking about it....

a2096-russia.jpg

Dmitry Klokov

That is all :)

Personally I think most people that don't compete in any sort of sport and just lift for fun are better off staying in one big accumulation block most of the time. That is of course except if they want to peak for fun at any time

I've got some cool stuff about periodization that makes it really simple, I'll try and find it

Two things I wish I never read about were overtraining and perodization. I doubt i will ever be lifting at an advanced enough level to worry about either. Basically just a waste of time worrying about them.

A lot of periodization is so confusing and complicated, especially when read on the internet.
It's as simple as "push total volume in a workout higher and higher every week", "deload and use a higher intensity, push volume at higher intensity up every week", "hit a few easy maxes @ 95% then taper off and enter competition"

Here is mine:

Work up till I can't progress.
Drop down.
Work up till I can't progress.
Drop down.

Since I don't compete in anything no tapering needed. Rest comes naturally I have found anyways, so I will always have a break a few times a year.

Two things I wish I never read about were overtraining and perodization. I doubt i will ever be lifting at an advanced enough level to worry about either. Basically just a waste of time worrying about them.

Yeah, I doubt most people will never need anything beyond weekly periodisation.

Right now I am working off a 5 week power cycle. That means the intensity at times is high but does gradually drop so that intensity can be raised.

I'll do the best I can at showing what the periodized plan I (and a few other lifters ) are working from. We are working off 4 days a week. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Week 1 Volume / Intensity
Day 1 - 95 / 75%
Day 2 - 83 / 65%
Day 3 - 72 / 70%
Day 4 - 96 / 65%
Weekly Volume - 346

Week 2 Volume / Intensity
Day 1 - 70 / 80%
Day 2 - 82 / 70%
Day 3 - 95 / 65%
Day 4 - 81 / 80%
Weekly Volume - 326

Week 3 Volume / Intensity
Day 1 - 100 / 75%
Day 2 - 89 / 80%
Day 3 - 90 / 75%
Day 4 - 95 / 75%
Weekly Volume - 374

Week 4 Volume / Intensity
Day 1 - 56 / 85%
Day 2 - 68 / 65%
Day 3 - 48 / 85%
Day 4 - 26 / 85%
Weekly Volume - 198

Week 5 Volume / Intensity
Day 1 - 49 / 90%
Day 2 - 80 / 70%
Day 3 - 60 / 60%
Day 4 - 20 / competiton%
Weekly Volume - 209

I am not the author of the plan. I just roll with it. I can field any questions or comments...

Please not how the weekly volum

Simplest periodization I've seen is: start with low % of 1RM and high reps. Increase % of 1RM each week, gradually decrease reps. Include built in deloads every 3-12 weeks.

Anything more complicated than that and my brain starts to shut down :(